Hey guys looking for advice

Guest evilninjachris

Guest evilninjachris

Hello everyone. first, let me say that this forum is truly a godsend for me...I have been searching for something like this for a long time. I am a 24 year old part time pdr technician. I went to school about 2 years ago. it was a 2 week course at ding king. My instructor was awesome and really helpful. he doesn't work at the school anymore though. and I don't know anyone else in my area that does this. I have done it on and off for friends and relatives and I am really passionate about pdr. I would like to start my own legitimate business and make it a career...this is what I want to do for the rest of my life, I found my niche and I will do anything to be one of the best pdr techs. anyways, I have a few questions for some of you old pros. first... is there some kind of book that tells you where braces and or airbags are located? if not, how do you know where to drill...I understand its a last resort, and I personally h@te to drill anyone's car but when it is necessary, they told us to look for the stud welds in the side of the door but they seem to be invisible on some cars. the other question is what do I need to set up a business... and should I register as a LLC or sole proprietorship. do you guys have insurance? or waivers that you make clients sign before drilling a hole or starting work? I really need someone to help me out with this, I am all alone as far as a mentor or someone who can answer my questions so I am praying that one of you guys can throw me a bone. sorry for the long post but I have been itching to ask someone who might know. thanks so much for all your time in advance and I look forward to speaking with you all

cheers,

-Chris

Guest willie

Chris

where are you located

I gave up pdr to stick with tint - to frustrating to do both

I have a bunch of freinds in the business that would be glad to help if your in Texas or close

good luck :spit

Guest evilninjachris
Chris

where are you located

I gave up pdr to stick with tint - to frustrating to do both

I have a bunch of freinds in the business that would be glad to help if your in Texas or close

good luck :shower

[*]388024

bummer, I live in Massachusetts I would love to take you up on that offer but obviously too far away... but even just someone to converse with. I don't need help really with technique although, I am always striving to better myself as a pdr tech...its more the business aspect of things, they didn't teach us anything about that at school. I didn't really even learn anything about it in high school either and I took a business course. great school system here :spit also, I want to stay exclusively pdr.

Guest evilninjachris
Are you trying to stay local and around home or are you wanting to travel some??

[*]388094

I'd like to stay as local as possible, within I'd say a half hour driving distance radius. I don't plan on taking over the world via PDR lol, just make a good honest living doing what I love and hopefully get paid enough so that I don't have to scrape by like working at wal-mart or something like that.

Guest willie

Ok then heres alittle bit to get you started

All my buddies that want to stay local have accounts and routes.

Go talk to all the used car dealerships within you radius you want to stay in. Talk to the body shops and insurance companies also.

These guys usually have 5 routes and service them on a different day of the week.

Guest evilninjachris
Ok then heres alittle bit to get you started

All my buddies that want to stay local have accounts and routes.

Go talk to all the used car dealerships within you radius you want to stay in. Talk to the body shops and insurance companies also.

These guys usually have 5 routes and service them on a different day of the week.

[*]388159

thanks for the advice...my girlfriend's father works at a used car lot so I'll start there. but I am looking more for the business side of things as far as, insurance, where to buy, how much do I need , what type of...do I even need it. registering my business...should I be an LLC or a sole proprietorship, I'm planning on being completely mobile, also how to go about registering...things like that....thanks for all your help

Guest willie

no problem dude -glad to help

If you have the money to incorporate - I believe thats the safest way.

Insurance you will probably need some type of garage liability.

As far as permits and business license I am not familiar with what is required in your area

Again good luck dude :twocents

Guest evilninjachris
no problem dude -glad to help

If you have the money to incorporate - I believe thats the safest way.

Insurance you will probably need some type of garage liability.

As far as permits and business license I am not familiar with what is required in your area

Again good luck dude :twocents

[*]388365

ok cool I think I am just going to do some research and see what I need to do there. now how about the braces? how do you know where they are located?

Archived