Solar Gard tint 55%

Guest jtm999

Guest jtm999

I ran into a problem today with the 55% charchoal tint today,I never realized how thin this stuff is. The customer wanted the back windows with this and it creased while doing the back window. I made 2 attempts with it but it just wouldnt work, I asked the customer if they would accept 35% they agreed and it went on the first try. I've never tried shrinking a back window with that stuff before and hopefully never again. The car was a 97 lincoln continental,anyone had problems with this thin tint.

though I've never used this specific film I have used lots of films full metal, metal dyed and dyed and sometimes I have to wonder if it's not just a mental thing? :krazy

I learned on a metal film and "could'nt do it" when it came to dyed only films and after a talk to myself :finger: I tinted no problem with what was thin stuff in my case.

But great to hear you stuck it out and got it done!

Guest jtm999
though I've never used this specific film I have used lots of films full metal, metal dyed and dyed and sometimes I have to wonder if it's not just a mental thing? :krazy

I learned on a metal film and "could'nt do it" when it came to dyed only films and after a talk to myself  :finger:    I tinted no problem with what was thin stuff in my case.

But great to hear you stuck it out and got it done!

[*]397902

I dont know about the other brands but I had some problems with the stuff,maybe its because I've never used it on a back window I only ever use it on the front rolldowns and even then I have to be patient shrinking the fingers.I've never met anyone before thats wanted tint that light on the back window. Oh well its over

Guest jtm999
Did you try heating on low setting?

What heat gun ya using maybee to much heat to fast?

[*]397907

Milwaukee on high the first time,2nd time low heat. did it with powder the stuffs just to fragile

Guest jtm999
Did you try heating on low setting?

What heat gun ya using maybee to much heat to fast?

[*]397907

maybe I'll practice with it so it will never be a problem again. thanks for your help

Archived