Flushing with water before intallation

Guest chip01

Guest chip01

How many of you guys flush the window down with normal water after your usual cleaning (ie razor blade) then give it it quick squeeggee off then mist with solution then install. Just heard of quite a few people doing it and the quality of there work seems really good next to no specs.

Cheers Chip

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest naughtydog

Do you flush the sides and start from the top or do you flush close to the sides so nothing is washed out from the felt area.???

With regard to the top edge, do you wipe it then flush from about 1 inch down???

I tried this recently and seemed to get a speckless install.

Naughty

Guest willie

I wipe the top edge and about a 1/4 of an inch to get whatever felt it grabbed during cleaning

then flush from side to side from top to bottom

I wipe the top edge and about a 1/4 of an inch to get whatever felt it grabbed during cleaning

then flush from side to side from top to bottom

[*]398040

Thats what I do but on older or dirter cars and trucks on the final flush I dont flush into the seals so as not to back flush contamination back onto the glass because flushing and wiping the seal area dosent clean 100% of the dirt in the seal sometimes! :bingo

I tape the felt off first if it has felt, then scrap the whole window, then I roll the window down alittle and wipe the top edge with a blue towel, then mist the glass and then all in 1 motion starting from the top I squeege the whole window without lifting my squeegee, then from about 1 inch from the top I slightly flush the window from side to side and install my film.

Guest chip01

do you flush with water or whatever you use as your slip? Is using a lot of fluid ok when your leaving the panels on. I take it you install the top first, then put the window up and flush from the middle out with the mounting solution.

Take it you also use pressure sprayers

Archived