tint shops

Guest b00gieman

right arm too many picky people--------------- my baby------- cr#p :dunno

I went the other way. I closed my storefront and converted my 2 car garage into a duplicate of my other shop. Its profesional looking, clean and no "garage" clutter. I book 2, maybe 3 cars a day, at a premium price. Everyone drops off the cars, VERY few wait on them. I discourage it. When asked about my prices, I tell them that since I've lowered my overhead, I can afford to spend more time on thier cars, and thus better quality. I no longer have to do 5 or 6 cars a day to pay the overhead.

BUT the truth be known, I am phasing out cars. People want perfection, but are unwilling to pay for it. Flat is where the money is. :sad

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I do a few here and there at my house. don't even have a real garage. Just bought a fully enclosed canopy shelter 10'x20'.works pretty well. talk about looking like a hack, most of my customers are referrals, so the don't think anything of it. don't be hate'n.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

has anyone ever opened up a tint shop in their house garage?

I personally am not a fan of that. I think a sense of legitimacy is encountered when you have a true retail location :lol2 if 2 cars a day is what will make you happy then fine, but if you wish to have a high volume business then I think you need a "window tinting store" :)

how many people would you do business with who are operating out of their home?

things are different around here than in kentucky.Being mobile means that I have 50 or more tint stores that keep me pretty well busy,sometimes I have a situation where I have to do one at home.Besides I have been doing this type of work for a long time and have a good reputaion.the three times I had a shop was the worst,sitting around waiting 4 someone to come in and do buisness at only one location ment I had a limited amount of exposure,serving alot of locations now has really paid off. :)

Both of the previous comments make alot of sense.

I have owned my own shop which I sold to move back to CA (BIG FRIGGIN MISTAKE). I also do work out of my house but would rather have a location.

I think the mobile buisness would work real well here. The only problem is that I hate to drive, I would rather the customer come to me, and that is why I decided in the past to have a permanent location. :lol2

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

my goal is to open a retail location in the future, however, I do love going out everyday to a new place , meeting new people, seeing new sites,ect. being in one place to much gets old to me.

Guest willie

done both shops and mobile and agree with all points of view here

however with the our family being large I enjoy being back to a permanent shop

so the kids can come by or being able to be home by a certain time everyday :lol2

Guest S and S

I have had shops in town. VERY successful ones. I left town and moved back home in the country. I like it better because I dont have to drive to work, BUT it does get irritataing being at home all day too. It took a couple of years for people to find me but I stay booked now.

Archived