tint shops

Guest b00gieman

has anyone ever opened up a tint shop in their house garage?

[*]402943

I would say most tinters have done work out of thier homes. but a full on shop, with custys waitin and dealers dropin off cars I dont think it would work for very long. besides you could get a wierd neighbor that calls the city. that would shut it down. but good luck.

Guest Key West

I went the other way. I closed my storefront and converted my 2 car garage into a duplicate of my other shop. Its profesional looking, clean and no "garage" clutter. I book 2, maybe 3 cars a day, at a premium price. Everyone drops off the cars, VERY few wait on them. I discourage it. When asked about my prices, I tell them that since I've lowered my overhead, I can afford to spend more time on thier cars, and thus better quality. I no longer have to do 5 or 6 cars a day to pay the overhead.

BUT the truth be known, I am phasing out cars. People want perfection, but are unwilling to pay for it. Flat is where the money is. :dunno

Guest zolar
I went the other way. I closed my storefront and converted my 2 car garage into a duplicate of my other shop. Its profesional looking, clean and no "garage" clutter. I book 2, maybe 3 cars a day, at a premium price. Everyone drops off the cars, VERY few wait on them. I discourage it. When asked about my prices, I tell them that since I've lowered my overhead, I can afford to spend more time on thier cars, and thus better quality. I no longer have to do 5 or 6 cars a day to pay the overhead.

BUT the truth be known, I am phasing out cars. People want perfection, but are unwilling to pay for it. Flat is where the money is. :lol

I think that is a smart plan :dunno

Guest willie

BUT the truth be known, I am phasing out cars. People want perfection, but are unwilling to pay for it. Flat is where the money is. :lol

I think that is a smart plan :lol

agree again good to see yeah back key :dunno

Guest b00gieman

BUT the truth be known, I am phasing out cars. People want perfection, but are unwilling to pay for it. Flat is where the money is. :lol6

since your working from your house do you have insurance just in case the glass or anything breaks on the car....

Guest Key West

BUT the truth be known, I am phasing out cars. People want perfection, but are unwilling to pay for it. Flat is where the money is. :klingon

since your working from your house do you have insurance just in case the glass or anything breaks on the car....

absolutely. garage insurance (500k) and 1 million general liability :bingo

BUT the truth be known, I am phasing out cars. People want perfection, but are unwilling to pay for it. Flat is where the money is. :klingon

Take notice all from another old timer with 30 years experience who found out what I did half a world apart.

Get out of the whored sector of auto and go flat.

Goodonya KW. :bingo

Devil

Archived