97 jetta

Guest steven smith

Guest steven smith

I need to install some new door handles because my locks got drilled out during a police seizure of the car (before I owned it).

how do you get the door panels off?

or, is there a way to do it without getting the panels off (doubt this)

Removing the window crank is really easy. Point the crank down towards the ground. Then slide your finger behind the crank arm from underneath. Then push up on the colar between the crank arm and the door. Or you can push down, just make sure the handel is pointing down. Once the handel is off there are 2 or 3 screws at the bottom of the door. Then gently run your fingers behind the door panel and pop any clips that may be there. Its simple once you know how!!

hopefully he's figured it out since the summer :welcome

Well, I figured that. But I tinted a 97 Jetta last night and I couldn't figure it out. I looked on here and there was no info. So I never pulled the panels.

This morning I was curious and came across a site that told me how to do it. The car is my brothers so it's still in my shop. I just tried it and it worked so I thought I'd post it up for future reference.....

Guest tintman AZ

hopefully he's figured it out since the summer :bingo

Well, I figured that. But I tinted a 97 Jetta last night and I couldn't figure it out. I looked on here and there was no info. So I never pulled the panels.

This morning I was curious and came across a site that told me how to do it. The car is my brothers so it's still in my shop. I just tried it and it worked so I thought I'd post it up for future reference.....

So now that you mention it. What site was it that showed you how to do it?

I typed it in GOOGLE. it came up on another forum. Not sure which one tho....

BTW, you actually don't have to have the handle facing down. It's just easier to explain that way.

Archived