Soap Method

Guest willie
Just dropped by to let you know that I have been using Mdogs soap method for heat shrinking for the past week! Its working out as described (the shizzle dizzle) :gasp

Much better than powder :DD

I recommend exploring this method to all dry shrinkers........

glad its workin for you dude :DD

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Texasrocker

Baby Powder is for "babies"! Nuff Said !!! At least the Baby Shampoo, cleans up easier? (hee hee) Are You in a "hurry"?? Why??? Jus Kiddin, what ever blows your skirt-up!!! TR

Guest IBtintn
:bingo maybe I'm just a shmuck but I haven't had the best of luck with this method... I'm not sure if I'm using to much or to little of the soap or what have you but the film just seems to not want to stick to the glass like when I use dryer sheets. any thoughts ?

Guest Texasrocker

Your never a "shmuck" for expressing your true feelings! All this "hoopla" over dryer-sheets, baby powder, etc, is just a matter of opinion anyways. Some Tinters "have to hurry", some dont (thats me). I still take my time the ol-fashioned way, tried ALL methods, but I still come back to the "wet shrink", because it just looks better once installed, IMHO. TR

:bingo maybe I'm just a shmuck but I haven't had the best of luck with this method... I'm not sure if I'm using to much or to little of the soap or what have you but the film just seems to not want to stick to the glass like when I use dryer sheets. any thoughts ?

You might not be letting it DRY! what kinda soap you usin?

Guest tintdawg

Couple of weeks ago we ran out of dryer sheets, and although I could have just wet shunk the back window and we had powder. I tried mdogs way, gotta say it worked well.

Guest IBtintn

yes I let it dry... come on.

oh and I used the recommended ivory.. it did work well a few times, but they were relatively easy windows. I think it would be awesome if I could get it to work all the time :duck

Guest IBtintn
If your letting it dry-then I cant imagine why its stickin! :duck What kind of soap?

no no I was saying that its not stickin afer I shrink and smooth it..

Archived