Question about cut Glass????

Guest CSCustoms

Guest CSCustoms

Well it seems once in a blue moon after cutting and applying all the tint, I'll notice one window has a cut/scratch in the glass. Sometimes it's very noticable. I know for you guys that run your patterns through a plotter don't have this problem, but for those that still hand cut the tint on the car and have had this happen to them. Is there a way to clean up those scratches? Polish something? Maybe someone has tried something that works great. Any info would help greatly. LMK Mars :beer

Guest losdawg
Ya that sucks :beer man you might wanna snap your blade more frequently or dont push as hard

:lol2 and make sure that you are using stainless steel blades :lol2

Guest Beeline
Ya that sucks :beer man you might wanna snap your blade more frequently or dont push as hard

also angle of the blade helps..... closer to the window and use olfa.

Guest CSCustoms

I do all of the aboves, but for some reason, even if the blade was just freshly snapped, I'll still sometimes get a cut in the window. I average snapped the blade at least 4 times just for the back window.

Hopefully someone has figured out how to fix the glass cuts better then what it looks like at least.

Guest Beeline
I do all of the aboves, but for some reason, even if the blade was just freshly snapped, I'll still sometimes get a cut in the window. I average snapped the blade at least 4 times just for the back window.

Hopefully someone has figured out how to fix the glass cuts better then what it looks like at least.

put more of the blade out. this won't put too much pressure on the cut.

Guest darkdan

4 times? I do 6 or 8.

On that vette on sunday (my first one ever) I was so paranoid I went through almost a whole blade on the back. I snapped every 6" to 8" and before either defroster tab. LOL.

Keep it low and light.

But it happens to me too once in a while. Most likely because I push too hard.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

yeah,I know this guy ,I was teaching him how to tint a back window on his own car,and he had to remove the tint I put on because it was too dark. Then he tinted it himself and there were cuts in his back window. I asked him about it ,and he said that I did it when I tinted it and there was no way his novice punk ass could have done it.

yeah,I know this guy ,I was teaching him how to tint a back window on his own car,and he had to remove the tint I put on because it was too dark. Then he tinted it himself and there were cuts in his back window. I asked him about it ,and he said that I did it when I tinted it and there was no way his novice punk ass could have done it.

:finger::finger::woowoo

Guest darkdan

I still stand by fact that it was you. #1 You and I were using carbon bladed knives that day because we had nothing else. #2 At the time my novice ass didn't cut that close to the defroster. I put a nice big gap there so I didn't have to deal with it not laying down.

I just don't mention it anymore because it upsets you.

Archived