3M Prestige vs. Huper Optik Ceramic

Guest andresX

Ok,. then I will continue to post!!!

Now folks, 3M films, there is the FX-HP, the FX-ST, but I also see 3M CS, and 3M BC in [malformed link removed]

How are these films compared?, It seems the dealer I will use has only CS, and not prestige as initally told. Is FX-HP better than CS?

the right link is: [malformed link removed]

Prestige is not an automotive film, or at least it is not advertised as one. I hear it is hard to install on auto glass.

VC is right prestige is not an auto film, and it installs great on cars but only if your not having to shrink it.

the fx films are the entry level from mmm and are not that special, the bc is a chrome film(highly reflective, highly illeagle)

the cs film is their top of the line and is a great seller, its thin and harder to work with then other films but shouldnt affect you andresx as the consumer. I have sold alot of it and have never had complaints dealing with the film itself,

hope this helps.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

Depends on what you're going for.

Tint FX HP is a nice film. But it's just a regular metal/dyed film. Decent heat rejection, low reflectivity.

Black Chrome (BC) is for those that love the bling. High heat rejection, full metal film, "lifetime" warranty against color change/fading.

blackgtp.jpg

Then there's the Color Stable (CS) line. Metal free so it doesn't mess up AM radio reception, GPS, etc. Wonderful black color. No reflectivity. The CS 35% has a TSER of 39%.

If you're looking for absolute heat rejection, then you'd want the HO.

Guest tintgod

Now folks, 3M films, there is the FX-HP, the FX-ST, but I also see 3M CS, and 3M BC in [malformed link removed]

How are these films compared?, It seems the dealer I will use has only CS, and not prestige as initally told. Is FX-HP better than CS?

Prestige is not an automotive film, or at least it is not advertised as one. I hear it is hard to install on auto glass.

I hear huper optik is hard to install on auto also...so what is your point :rollin

Guest vclimber

VC is right prestige is not an auto film, and it installs great on cars but only if your not having to shrink it.

the fx films are the entry level from mmm and are not that special, the bc is a chrome film(highly reflective, highly illeagle)

the cs film is their top of the line and is a great seller, its thin and harder to work with then other films but shouldnt affect you andresx as the consumer. I have sold alot of it and have never had complaints dealing with the film itself,

hope this helps.

HO can be hard to shrink too, but there's a trick to it and a good installer can make it look nice. Tiger have you tried to shrink Prestige? What are you encountering?

Depends on what you're going for.

If you're looking for absolute heat rejection, then you'd want the HO.

:rollin

Archived