Question.... "stuff" between film and glass

Guest nfieldr

Guest nfieldr

Ok, Pros... quick question. I had my house tinted about three weeks ago and now, I've noticed on at least two of the windows, there is "some stuff" (dirt, piece of film, ???) between the film and the glass. I know that I should be looking through the glass, not at it, but it seems to me that there shouldn't be anything between the glass and film. So.... are my expectations reasonable? In the opinions of you guys who do this for a living, should I call my installer back out to have a look? Thanks in advance for the advice.

it all depends . If the window panes are old , and the seals are dried out , you can get some

contamination.

If the house is new , sometimes drywall dust can get in the vinyl or plastic keep glass keepers, and also cause

some contamination.

We give the customer a checklist of things to do before installation, to minimize contamination.

Also , water bubbles can take 30 days or longer to disapate, depending upon film choice and climate conditions.

Can the mods move this thread over to the consumer forum, this isnt the proper venue for this question .

Guest vclimber
Ok, Pros... quick question. I had my house tinted about three weeks ago and now, I've noticed on at least two of the windows, there is "some stuff" (dirt, piece of film, ???) between the film and the glass. I know that I should be looking through the glass, not at it, but it seems to me that there shouldn't be anything between the glass and film. So.... are my expectations reasonable? In the opinions of you guys who do this for a living, should I call my installer back out to have a look? Thanks in advance for the advice.

Ideally there should be no contamination, but there is no such thing as perfect when it comes to tinting glass. There will always be a spot or two that can be found if you look hard enough. It has been suggested that if you can notice contamination from 48" away from the window then perhaps it should be redone. That is kind of a general guidline but some installers are more particular about their work and then there are others who are not. :rollin

Guest Palomine

Hey Tintyoda, any chance of a copy of that checklist, Id be interested in knowing what you get clients to do, tried a PM but no joy!! :hmmm

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

did you call up there installer to have a look? like everyone said there shouldnt be any dirt in the film but it depends on the condition of the windows and trim

Archived