tinting auto glass thats not in the car

I have a neon that needs tint. Its at our bodyshop and they want it done on site and the glass is not in the car. The car is actually being repainted because the kid who got the car is color blind and white = pink. So now the car will be sprayed black.. dont ask and I dont know. I am just thinking I am set for disaster since I have never done windows not in a car and I am sure I have nothing to really work on. I am just looking for advice or tips on how to play this.. Worst case I install when they are back in the car.. for some reason the bodyshop thinks it is easier when they are removed and it should be cheaper because of this.. I mean they are the tint experts arent they.. I sure as hell am not! :DD

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tell them you'll be charging them more, because it's a service call.

Gas, drive time, etc.. :DD

oh thats the great part about working for a dealer, every department tries to act like they are helping while in reality they are royally screwing you. We have moved beyond the customer and to the co worker :DD

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

screw tinting glass out of the car! seems to always get damaged when installed back into the car. And of course they want to blame you for it

Body shops and tint shouldnt even be in the same sentence net alone the same building can you say contamination

that is what I am thinkin... unless maybe I use the spray booth.

The job is set for tues, I am going in an talkin to them on monday to clear things up and see what they expect and where I am supposed work.

Guest scottstinting

Ive tryed the body shop tint didnt work for me maybe you could just pick up the glass and take it back to your normal place so at least you can kinda baby sit the tint after your done .Thats what I require when I tint is for them to leave it with me for the day normally but not always .Trucks and easy jobs I dont care if the even wait on it .But I think you get a better job done if you let it set for for a awhile after your done then go back and check it push down microdots etc. But thats just me

Archived