Just wanted to say hey

Guest Magnum059

Guest Magnum059

Hello everyone!

Ive been doing cars and flat glass for about a year and a half. Looking for some more tips to reduce conamination. Im so picky and little specks of dust are driving me crazy!

I have been doing pretty well. I dont expect you to give me all of your secrets because all of my friends ask me how I do the rear window of a 2 door Chevy Cobalt or a Maxima, etc. and I wont tell them. Ive done probably done 35-40 cars, all dry shrink 1 piece rear windows with solar gard window film.

My issue is contamination. I use a 3 gallon pressure sprayer with a fuel filter right in the water line. Im considering just going with all distilled water but I dont know if that will help. Im using well water right now. No matter how careful I am I just cant seem to get rid of the little dust/dirt spots. Im wondering if the sprayer has too much pressure and is dragging dirt down from the top and in from the sides. Im thinking that a small bottle sprayer would work better. Im guessing I should tape off everything...right, left and top window seals on roll ups and the entire back of the headliner and deck lid on rear windows.

Any tips or tricks that you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Guest MidcoastMW

Are you reverse rolling your 1-piece back windows?? I find Im getting the same problem with a lil too many random specs for my tastes. I have abt same amount of experiance too. I get roll downs with little to no contamination(with film tucked behind both side frames) But my rear glass does have spots............

Ive narrowed my problem down to a few things...

1. get a vertical peel-board. (I have a roll around glass table but its horizontal)

2. Get a filter for my poly sprayer. (I use J&J with distilled water, and am very carefull when I open the sprayer)

Thats really all I can think of.....like I said, I'm getting same problem so maybe this will help you a bit.

:thumb

Archived