I spy in my little eye something that rhymes with CRACK PIPES

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, and it's just as fast as a 300 hp neon because of the lack of traction.

Kind of like all those guys I see running around with turbo busas that run slower numbers than a stock busa.

I think his best was like a 12.1@125 or around there, on regular kuhmo street tires. Definitely not a drag racer, but pretty darn quick. Maybe some day I can make my car a little bit faster, my best being all stock is 14.0@100

Thats what my car does... 06 Cobalt SS Supercharger. 205 horse 200 torque stock.

Dang Kemble- you got a parachute on that bad boy? :dunno

LOL nope, not mine, but heres one that does....

DSC09512.jpg

DSC09455.jpg

1000 hp Cobalt

5. What is done to the motor?

The motor is a turbo charged 2.0 liter based off of the 1000 horsepower build in the GM "build book" found on www.GMTUNERSOURCE.com. Of course we made changes to better suit the set up and how I plan to run the car. I will go into more details regarding the motor in the next installment on www.tunerzine.com. Trust me, you won?t be disappointed!

Guest tat2punk
My horsepower calculator says those #'s don't add up. 12.1@125mph. 500hp- 2800-3000lb car,fwd =no. not calling you a liar, that just seems unlikely. 11.1@125 mph= 600hp, 2800lb, rwd is a likey possibility

Those calculators are not so accurate, there are too many variables when it comes to drag racing. We got a buddy with an srt that went 11.78 on 280 something HP and we got an srt that went 10.9 at around 500HP.

Its all about the driver and being able to get it to the ground.

Guest tat2punk

I have got one and a whole bunch of my friends have them. Yes it is a neon, I don't know why people get all bent out of shape about it. Who cares what others think as long as you, the owner likes it. People just hate on it because there is nothing that compares with it in its class.

Its funny when we are at the track, the cobra and vette owners coming up to you after you beat them wonder what you got in it.

Bottom line, its a neon, a neon that is easily modded to run faster than the "muscle cars"

Archived