I spy in my little eye something that rhymes with CRACK PIPES

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

280hp is not gonna get any car-fwd or rwd in the 11's that weighs more than 2500 lbs. It does'nt matter who's driving it or how much traction you have. And I do like the neons. Lotsa rocket for the money if you ask me!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tat2punk
oh Contrair, they are very accurate. My family has been in drag racing since 1969, who the heck are you?

How many FWD cars have they raced in all of the years? We have been running the SRT-4's since they came out. Before that was the FWD dodge turbo cars. You can claim all you want with a calculator, I have time slips, video and dyno charts that prove it wrong.

498whp

10.96@133mph

280hp is not gonna get any car-fwd or rwd in the 11's that weighs more than 2500 lbs. It does'nt matter who's driving it or how much traction you have. And I do like the neons. Lotsa rocket for the money if you ask me!

Give me a little bit to find the info and I can show you the timeslips and dyno charts.

Guest tat2punk
A real drag car is rwd.

What do you consider a real drag car? Do you know what you are talking about?

the 11.92 dyno was 283whp 315wtq

the 11.87 was 296whp 364wtq

here are his actual times and HP/trq dyno numbers. He isn't up yet to get the actual slip and dyno sheet.

The calculators are not accurate for every car.

Example:

lets take 2 cars that have 300 hp, same weight. should run the same by the calculator.

Car "A" makes 300 hp and 200trq and hits 300 hp at 4500 rpms

Car "B" makes 300 hp and 340tq and hits 300 hp at 3000 rpms

Car "B" is going to beat car "A"

Guest tat2punk

Anyways, on topic here.

Good job on the stripes. I have done a few and they are easy until you get to the trunk, then its a PITA, atleast thats the problem that I had with them. other than that it was pretty easy to do.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

A real drag car is rwd.

here are his actual times and HP/trq dyno numbers. He isn't up yet to get the actual slip and dyno sheet.

Example:

lets take 2 cars that have 300 hp, same weight. should run the same by the calculator.

oH I SEE . I thought you were talking about the 1/4 mi. oh yeah that neon should run an 11 in the 1/8 no problem. :beer

Guest tat2punk

A real drag car is rwd.

Example:

oH I SEE . I thought you were talking about the 1/4 mi. oh yeah that neon should run an 11 in the 1/8 no problem. :beer

Denial? :beer

Anyways, I am not here to argue about it with all of you drag racers that know it all. Just informing you of what has happened and what is reality. If you want to go on thinking that these things can't happen so be it. You will find out if you run into any of the cars that I am talking about.

Archived