2006 Accord felt or no felt?

Guest BoomerSooner

Guest BoomerSooner

First, this forum is great, spending a few hours reading post on here has been invaluable before going out to look for a reputable tint shop here in Vegas. I am a bit confused though, as I have read somewhat conflicting reports about Honda replacing the hard window gaskets with a softer material in latter production models, yet I have also read that the Accord is one of the must felt cars due to the continued use of the hard gaskets. Not sure what to do, do I pay to get the felt on my car, or somehow check to see if mine has the hard gaskets or something different? Again, my thanks go to the people on this forum, you guys know your stuff and help us tint virgins make sense of it all. I'm going with %35 PP all around, so with the price, I have no prob going ahead and felting for a bit extra, to make sure it lasts and doesn't f-up when rolling down the windows.

Thanks again all..

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

needs felt. If you want to check for yourself, roll the window all the way down , look at the inside gasket on top of the door panel. peel it back a little with your finger. look to see if it is "fuzzy". if no fuzzy, needs felt. good luck, and pp35 is a good choice.

First, this forum is great, spending a few hours reading post on here has been invaluable before going out to look for a reputable tint shop here in Vegas. I am a bit confused though, as I have read somewhat conflicting reports about Honda replacing the hard window gaskets with a softer material in latter production models, yet I have also read that the Accord is one of the must felt cars due to the continued use of the hard gaskets. Not sure what to do, do I pay to get the felt on my car, or somehow check to see if mine has the hard gaskets or something different? Again, my thanks go to the people on this forum, you guys know your stuff and help us tint virgins make sense of it all. I'm going with %35 PP all around, so with the price, I have no prob going ahead and felting for a bit extra, to make sure it lasts and doesn't f-up when rolling down the windows.

Thanks again all..

Personally if it was my car and the gaskets wernt made out of felt I would pay extra to have that changed...Not only will it save the life of you window tint, but it will also save the life of your glass...Walk around a parking lot at a walmart or the mall and look at a new mustang and you will see the deep scratchs that some hard gaskets can leave...this is the end result of a badly designed hard P.O.S. gasket...

Guest spooken

I'm a little confused here. I read some other threads that felted gasket is bad. In this threads, many opted for felted gaskets? Care to explain more?

Newbie here, btw. 1st post, but long-time lurker. :beer

Archived