2005 Z06

pike_madcat

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See theres one problem I have experienced when trying to shave the tint after its stuck on the inside..I have found that its nearly impossible to get a zero light line with out he tint snagging or peeling up over time. I found filing the only way to get zero light line..I am sure a emery file would work but a normal file will work as well. your only shaving the tint down to the edge of the glass and very little if any are the glass itself are you shaving off...I am too poor to invest in new files or go about trying all the different ones out..What works well for me may not work well for others...If you find a better way to file it down I am open to suggestions...But dont be afraid just cause the file could be used on metal wood glass etc... Its just a file and its only glass, so use a little common sense and and finess and it works like a charm... :spit

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

Guys, I'm tellin ya, a large emery type finger nail file is the way to go. they sell them at hobby shops, in different grades-coarse and fine. they work very very well, they are inexpensive, and run less of a risk of chipping the edge of the glass, or damaging other parts of the car and or film. :lol

So I ran out just as fast as I could..LMAO not really..and bought nail files in all sorts of differnt courses...and found out that the nail files is just as efficent as the (bastard) metal cross cut file...Here are the pros...Nail files is smaller and easier to work in tight places with out risk or fear or damaging the car, as you would with the bastard file..On one note I wish the nail files was stiffer and had less flex to it.....only advice I have is try and keep it as study as possible and keep it from flexing..too much pressure and you risk flexing the file to much and scuffing the tint...So here is my last little bit on filing windows!!! I retire from this post as of...NOW lol

Archived