Dont trust the phone book sales person

Guest Marco

I had planned to advertise in the phone book but after thinking about it I changed my mind. I can't find any one who can tint and I plan on moving to a different city, so I decided to wait. I cancelled everything through the sales woman and she said it was ok, next thing I knew I'm listed in the phone book. I have to pay for a listing that has bad spelling and not what I wanted in the first place. The wife called and they said they have her on a recording saying we want it but they don't have the recording of me cancelling it :dunno

I have to pay for it and these :ahole s know it :beer

The YP is becoming a rip off and less people are using it.

Where I placed my ad for years, there were only two like it. This year when it arrived, there were three. What a mess it has become because the third one is a low-baller, plain and simple.

When I mentioned this to the rep, response was we can do any changes we feel without notice. In the very fine print is where that statement was written.

Doing some serious thoughts where to place another ad, over half of our business is referal. . I have 30 days to decide.

The internet is 40% of the new customers I get. Cheap easy to do and it's there forever. Build a website, my wife does ours and it was a total of $200 for the hosting, domain, and website builder license and a few other odds n ends and that's the total for last year and the next two years. Don't pay for any listings for search engines submit them yourself. Find local listing and add yourself and soon enough people will find you.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

Now you guys have me all nervous and stuff. I just signed the paper work for our yellow book listing. The page I signed was not the one that is going in the book because the rep assured me that the changes I wanted were going to happen and he was behind on getting the order in. I hope this made sense, jus waking up

Guest Key West
Now you guys have me all nervous and stuff. I just signed the paper work for our yellow book listing. The page I signed was not the one that is going in the book because the rep assured me that the changes I wanted were going to happen and he was behind on getting the order in. I hope this made sense, jus waking up

I never would have believed it, but we have had GREAT success with Yellow Book :beer:nono

The YP is becoming a rip off and less people are using it.

Where I placed my ad for years, there were only two like it. This year when it arrived, there were three. What a mess it has become because the third one is a low-baller, plain and simple.

When I mentioned this to the rep, response was we can do any changes we feel without notice. In the very fine print is where that statement was written.

Doing some serious thoughts where to place another ad, over half of our business is referal. . I have 30 days to decide.

Well I had great pleasure in telling the rep for this year what he could do with his outdated dinosaur! :thumb

He wouldn't discount unlike last year so fugg 'em and him.

I hope this loss comes off his sale's target.

Now I'm more motivated than ever to get my new business via other means.

devil

I can't climb the corporate ladder to get this fixed because they keep transferring me to the same skank that put the ad in the phone book. It's AT&t that covers up here MM, impossible people to deal with. 1Peec you should be careful, if what they have in writing isn't what you want, you'll get screwed if they mess up. It's a whole year in the book and who knows what they'll put in there.

Archived