11 mil residential

Guest Tintin' Magician

Guest Tintin' Magician

Anybody out there ever put 11 mil on a home? I've done 12 mil but it was a gov't project and it's a lil' bit different. Is there anything out there that may be a better alternative? Is it even possible to do 11 mil in residential? I don't even want to do it as it is but one of our jackass sales guys sold it while we were at a home show and didn't bother contacting me about it. I give him props cuz he sold it at 17 a foot, but still...I appreciate any help...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tintin' Magician

See, that's something else I had thought about, but my sales guy actually knows nothing about glass. He's a newbie and he's learning, but I am gonna have to go physically look at the job itself. And here's the kicker....827 sq. ft. of which 200 is FRENCH PANES!!!!

Guest vclimber
See, that's something else I had thought about, but my sales guy actually knows nothing about glass. He's a newbie and he's learning, but I am gonna have to go physically look at the job itself. And here's the kicker....827 sq. ft. of which 200 is FRENCH PANES!!!!

:quote What good is 11mil going to do on french panes?

Salespersons should always be installers 1st -imo. I won't let anyone that has no install experience sell flat glass jobs.

Guest VOLTRON

yea installing it on residential glass could be a problem cause either you break a window installing it or there is all kinds of bubbles cause you couldnt push the water out adiquatly (spellcheck). And I would kick someones a55 if the even mentioned me installing 11 mil on french panes.

Guest Key West

HA HA HA ! Sux 2 B U !!!!! :dunno Whatup Miley :lol2 Keep in Touch!!

Guest Key West

:spit What good is 11mil going to do on french panes?

Salespersons should always be installers 1st -imo. I won't let anyone that has no install experience sell flat glass jobs.

Ya gotta know his boss 2 understand the mentality. This same guy sent a tinter (ME) over 100 miles to do what turned out 2 be 8 sq ft of glass!! :coffee:spit It's not about serving the customer (or taking care of his people either :lol) Or actually selling the customer what would actually serve thier needs best. It's about "Get the money, we'll worry about the installation later!" I was asked if I had any creative I deas to help generate more sales. I told them to get an infrastructure together that can handle the installation first.

This guy also stated that he can hire mexicans for .75 cents per square to install 8 mil :bat:lol

Guest vclimber
Ya gotta know his boss 2 understand the mentality. This same guy sent a tinter (ME) over 100 miles to do what turned out 2 be 8 sq ft of glass!! :lol:spit It's not about serving the customer (or taking care of his people either :coffee) Or actually selling the customer what would actually serve thier needs best. It's about "Get the money, we'll worry about the installation later!" I was asked if I had any creative I deas to help generate more sales. I told them to get an infrastructure together that can handle the installation first.

This guy also stated that he can hire mexicans for .75 cents per square to install 8 mil :lol:lol

:spit I know that mentality all too well. :bat

Just plain frustrating... :lol

Guest Tintin' Magician

oh yeah, definitley a pain in the arse! I am going to talk to my rep about the 11 mil and see if the 8 would be a equal substitution. I have no desire to do this job in 11 mil and if it flys it would help me out tremondously. Then I'll just have to present the info to the homeowner and refund a lil' bit of money.

Archived