Getting My Car Tinted...

Guest drive4fun

Guest drive4fun
I always like it when you drop off the car and say call me when it's done, it depends on the shop but half the time I have to stop and answer the phone or have a walkin customer I have to show shades and give quotes which slows me down a lot. :rollin you had a question about payments, my customers always pay after..I have never asked for upfront payment. why do you ask? do you think your not going to pay if you dont like it? its an aftermarket product installed on your vehicle, no job or installer is perfect just keep that in mind. your altima is a simple car and since there removing the rear brake light I'd say you found a quality shop, I wouldnt remove the door panels either. good luck :beer

No, It's not like that at all. I am going to pay for it that isn't a problem. I searched google for tint shops and information and I came accross an article that stated you shouldnt pay prior to the tint job because of the mechanic lien. I'm also asking because at the place where I got my tints for the other car they asked for the money upfront. Yeah, it seems that this shop is good and they know what they are doing. I'm actually going tomorrow near morning hours to get them done. I'll post pictures if you guys want to see how they came out. Thanks for the quick responses any other info would be appriciated,

Adam

Just a quick reference how do you guys (tint shops) go about having the costumers watching work being done on their car? I'm assuming some don't and some do? I just want to know whether the majority of you mind if the costumer watches or not. I'm asking to watch because I'm interested in tinting my rear tail-lights. I'm going to see how the tinter tints my windows so I can use the same technique to tint my tail-lights. How much would you guys normally charge for this? Free, hehe? Thanks,

Adam

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like customers watching because customers never watch, they try to help, I don't need their help. I don't need them eyeballing every little imperfection that will dry out or I might be able to rub out when it dries. I like to concentrate on the job, not Jimmy's 1st tooth. You won't be able to put tint on your taillights, you need to spray them, so don't pester your tinter.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

I hope your joking about tinting your tail lights...with window film? not a chance, go with something called nightshade its a spray on type "tint" as for watching if there first come basis you might be hangin gout a while...other than that stand back and let the man tint...dont be askin questions

Guest drive4fun

Yeah, By the way you can tint the tail-lights not with window film though. They have special film for the head-lights and tail-lights. Just like those films that are suppose to protect your headlights from rock chips etc. They have those but tinted. I will not be on the tinters a** I just want to view what he does. There aren't many questions to ask because I basically already know the answers to all. I just thought I can learn something new. I'm into cars and like to learn whatever possible. Thanks for the input,

Adam

I have noticed my AM reception not being as good however it is barely noticable and seems to clear up after the radio being on for a minute. It never used to do this but now does. FM was unaffected in my car 94 tbird with 35% HP charcoal of a different brand than what you mentioned. I listen to mostly AM if I have the radio on. Let's see any other factors. It is an aftermarket system and the antenna is NOT part of the back window. Hope this helps you make an informed decision. I would not be concerned with it affecting reception as much as I would be with quality of installation. Sorry this is so long.

Guest drive4fun

I've been asking a lot of questions but I?ve done some searching and couldn't find anything.

How should I prepare my car before I get it tinted? Should I clean the windows with Stoner Invisible Glass Aerosol? The interior is pretty clean.

I just checked the weather and it?s supposed to rain Thursday and Friday over here and I am getting my tints tomorrow, which is Wednesday. I'm a little worried about the rain because I know I will be using the car and opening the door in the rain. I just hope the weather will change and not rain this week. What do you guys think I should do?

I almost can make my own forums with all the questions I am asking... lol

Heh, I might be helping out others who are or will experience the same situation. That's what forums are for.

:eyebrows

Guest drive4fun

Ok it's finally been done. I must say they did a great job on the car. There are a few streaks and very few bubbles that need to dry out. The owners of the shops actually do the tint work, which I liked. I ended up with Solar Gard NR 35% tint. I was going to go with HP but they told me that it would definitely affect my radio reception. The NR 35% look actually darker then what I thought it would be. Once it dries does it lighten up a little? I love the look of the tint though. Anyways, it also turned out that I did my previous car there too. The shop where I went to get it tinted sends the car to this tint shop, which is right next door. The owners were good guys and everything. We started conversation, he showed me his car and all went well. I even got a discount from what they charge. They finished it in an hour. Overall everything went well. They said 2 days and then I'll be able to open my windows, clean them, etc. Thanks guys for all your posts. If you guys want to see pictures of the results I?ll be glad to post some up. I took some pictures with my camera phone that came out decent.]

:spit

Archived