07' tahoe

Fiveofeen

did a tahoe and the 1st day he rolls it down it scratches on the pass side. :dunno so since I did not offer the service of felting it since I hadnt any on hand I am redoin it n/c and sellin the felt service. I cant believe it happened so soon. Is 44tools a decent place to pick up felt? I have an order goin with them anyways. I also was wonderin where exactly it goes since the top seal seems to be felted already. :bingo

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:gasp:dunno:bingo

New body style tahoe???????

I've done tons of them and have no problems, might have had dust/dirt in felt :lol2

also go to a craft store and you can buy felt in 9 x 12 sheets, I have been using it for a couple of years w/o issues about $1.59 per sheet.

:DD

Guest CajunTinter
did a tahoe and the 1st day he rolls it down it scratches on the pass side. :DD so since I did not offer the service of felting it since I hadnt any on hand I am redoin it n/c and sellin the felt service. I cant believe it happened so soon. Is 44tools a decent place to pick up felt? I have an order goin with them anyways. I also was wonderin where exactly it goes since the top seal seems to be felted already. :gasp

Dude, I do those for 2 dealers and have not had a single problem yet..... :dunno:bingo:lol2

when it comes in on mon I will get a picture. The thing is brand new and I dont think a person has even sat in the back seat yet. It was a clean truck and install but I will look closely. I did remove the seals when I installed but thats somthing I do on nearly every car.

hmmmm

Guest solarspot

I have heared of the tint getting scratched on the top of the roll up

The gasket is hard rubber with barbed lines

Still never had it happen to me but have seen pics of the damage from another tinter

I would inspect closely for dirt. Maybe a staple sticking out a hair? :lol6 I have had several of these panels off and have not seen anything that might cause problems. All the problems relating to door have been outside trim.

I would inspect closely for dirt. Maybe a staple sticking out a hair? :nope I have had several of these panels off and have not seen anything that might cause problems. All the problems relating to door have been outside trim.

:lol6 thats why I was asking where the felt went cause it all looked nice and soft. This is gonna bug me till I see this car on monday now. I didnt have time to look at it very well today, he wasnt bothered other than it had to be taken care of an I was cool with that so we made a time an I went back to retail mahem.

I have never seen anythin like it before an when I 1st started on mine and friends cars I had plenty of dirt in roll ups and never saw something like this happen. :blah

stay tuned.

Archived