Ford Mondeo Mk 2 UK

Guest walestint

Guest walestint
If it's a later shape one thay are OK - if it's the early one, I am not sure on the MK's - then they are a pain...

Naughty

it really bows on sides, like an upside down small boat, screen is 36 x 60, had a quick go for a mate at the end of the day today, I doubted id be able to shrink that much, it creased on sides far too easily on soap even with another 3 inches to go to the edge, seems impossible to me, just wondered if anyone had done one .... cheers anyway :trustme

If it's a later shape one thay are OK - if it's the early one, I am not sure on the MK's - then they are a pain...

Naughty

it really bows on sides, like an upside down small boat, screen is 36 x 60, had a quick go for a mate at the end of the day today, I doubted id be able to shrink that much, it creased on sides far too easily on soap even with another 3 inches to go to the edge, seems impossible to me, just wondered if anyone had done one .... cheers anyway :gasp

Hey Wales tint,

They are a bit of a pig, not only do you have to be good to shrink them but you have to be careful when you cut out the demister elements as you can easily have a light leak if you mark them out too close.

We've done three of these the first 5 years ago was a pain worked on it all afternoon, did it about four times before we go it to stay on in one. The last one we did not even bother in metalised it only took about half hour to shrink so we are getting better. Try to shrink it gently and a large area at a time - double heat gun method may help, we use infarred heater which helps on very curved screens.

It can be done stick at it . :gasp

Guest naughtydog

I use soap all the time - but not on those screens...they are a tester for sure. I would powder shrink that baby...

You can remove the side trims and disconnect the heated screen connectors and it makes life a little easier when installing.

All in all - a bit of a tw*t!

Naughty

Guest walestint

cheers folks

im doing it as a favour for a guy who doing work for me on a mk2 gti golf

I had the one go and thought fk that! And its a big peice of film to stuff in the bin

having another crack this weekend, to shrink that baby in one will be close to getting it on with pamela anderson

thing is theyre ugly cars!

:grouphug ford!

Guest walestint
Hey Wales tint,

They are a bit of a pig, not only do you have to be good to shrink them but you have to be careful when you cut out the demister elements as you can easily have a light leak if you mark them out too close.

We've done three of these the first 5 years ago was a pain worked on it all afternoon, did it about four times before we go it to stay on in one. The last one we did not even bother in metalised it only took about half hour to shrink so we are getting better. Try to shrink it gently and a large area at a time - double heat gun method may help, we use infarred heater which helps on very curved screens.

It can be done stick at it . :lol6

I like the idea of the infa red and double gun method ...

I tinted the rear, removed trim, but as it was a favour and the guy wasnt that fussed about the finsih I shrunk it in .. wait for it ... in 3 pieces!!!! Not my normal tack but as it was an after hours job and I was tinting the rest of the windows I didnt fancy going thru loadsa tint. It actually turned out really good. I doubt if id take one on as a proper customer, a bit too much hassle for me as I like the easy life at times lol

Archived