2006 Caravan

Guest MidcoastMW

Guest MidcoastMW

Seriosly what is the deal with these defrosters on mopars!!!???!?!?!?

It seems no matter what I do they just dont come out how I want....and then the occasional puckers!!! :DD

I just did a 06 Caravan with no factory tint and had to re-do the back window due to puckers.

Can anyone make this NooBs life a lil easier with any tips on tackiling these vehicles??

Guest MidcoastMW

Yea Im doing a dry shrink with Bounce dryer sheets. When I re-did the window I was EXTRA sure not to overshrink any areas....I didnt get any puckers this time but still not much of a good seal at all around the defroster elements, and edges.....

Customer was happy, but I wasnt :DD

Yea Im doing a dry shrink with Bounce dryer sheets. When I re-did the window I was EXTRA sure not to overshrink any areas....I didnt get any puckers this time but still not much of a good seal at all around the defroster elements, and edges.....

Customer was happy, but I wasnt :DD

Try learning the soap method. :DD I converted from wet shrink to this back in march, and haven't looked back. I also noticed that I dont get the side fingers anymore, the soap method is by far a better shrink.

Mdog is the shiatz!!! :bingo

most of those puckers are from overshrinking. I use 0000 steel wool and a good glass cleaner to clean all defroster windows rather they are old or new. This helps to remove so much junk and I have had so many less headaches from the defroster lines since. Of course it is removing some of the defroster coating also I am sure, but they are still working fine........

Just watch the film and keep it moving...the film should lay pretty flat and not be all wavy looking after you shrink. Keep the gun/s moving and learn what will lay down. It is very easy to overshrink when starting.

Guest autotinter

I disagree with the overshrinking reason, I used to get puckers all the time, so I finally changed films,didnt change the way I heatshrunk,and no more puckers.I still wet shrink. :poke:poke

autotinter, if you changed films then you inadvertantly changed the "way you shrink" Different films will shrink faster or slower a lot of times and just because you think you didn't change doesn't mean that you didn't. The difference in a piece of tint being overshrunk would be just a second or less in the wrong spot.

I know that different films could make a difference in the way that they show what you have done. A thicker film might not want to lay down as easy if overshrunk and of course a thinner film would probably lay down better, but would crease easier at the same time.......

:poke just mine

Archived