advice needed

Guest angrydragon68

Guest angrydragon68

hey, I recently received the opputunity to follow a tech around and have him train me. But, I would be traveling around for 8 months out of the year. Even though I would be makeing alot of money, I dont know if I could be gone for that long. How do you guys that chase storms put up with being away from every one you know for so long. I am told that since I am young and single that this would be perfect for me. But I dont want to be single forever. I just dont know If I could make this my career. Any advice would be great. thanks

Guest haroldshouseoftint
hey, I recently received the opputunity to follow a tech around and have him train me. But, I would be traveling around for 8 months out of the year. Even though I would be makeing alot of money, I dont know if I could be gone for that long. How do you guys that chase storms put up with being away from every one you know for so long. I am told that since I am young and single that this would be perfect for me. But I dont want to be single forever. I just dont know If I could make this my career. Any advice would be great. thanks

use lots o dry ice works faster!!!! :ditto:ditto

gotta decide $$$$$$ or bizathes JMO me I prefer both, but I got one who understands it takes money to keep her in the lifestyle to which she is accustom to :twocents

Guest angrydragon68

Well right now I am working in a body shop doing paint prep. So this spring I have to make a decission. Either Learn how to paint or leave and learn PDR. But if I leave and decide I cant handle PDR, then I've lost my spot at the shop. I'm just not sure what to do.

grass can not grow under a rock. learning pdr is something that you can take with you. if you travel for 8 months and learn how to push dents, you can usually get work in your own local area once your good enough, you might not make as much as if you would travel, but you can still make a good living with low overhead.

check out doording.com and talk to some of th experienced techs there.

one thing if your going to learn dents, be prepared to PRACTICE alot. and youll suck for a long time, but most people that put forth the effort, will recieve the payback.

Guest disgruntled wiz

Alot of guys looking to enter the field would kill for the opportunity you have. Most have no way of breaking in, and end up going to a trining mill (aka ding king, rightlook, m&m, etc.), and really end up spending alot of money only to learn the very basics and be told they can be rich of they also learn interior repair, paint repair, and any other service under the sun that the particular mill "teaches". Good Luck to you with whatever you decide.

Archived