backglass

Guest jason11286

Take it away and tint it if thats practical. If you do tint it out the vehicle and you dont have a glass stand, still try to tint the glass in an up right angle to save from any small dust particles settling on the glass while its laid flat.

Whats wrong with tinting it out of the car. Thats a quick and easy job. I just stand it on my work bench and lean it against the wall beside my peel board, then go straight from the peel board to the glass. As for contamination, it is a shorter distance than having to franky from the peel board to climbing inside the car and chance contam. from the cars deck, headliner, etc. :lol

Guest Tom Cat
Forget that...tell them to install it in the car..then you'll tint it....I would rather FRANK it any day than tint it out of the car...YUK...too many variables for contamination out side of the car....blah blah blah...I am out of vodka..grr

I would have to agree. If you do this one, god only knows what other :hmmm bombs they will send your way. If you really want to do it though, just let them know that it is really not the best way to install tint on THEIR customers car. They should be willing to do whatever is necessary to have the work come out like it should. But thats just me... :hmmm

On the other hand, it will make it alot easier to get all of the crap off the glass...

Guest Sprinter

when I do stuff like that I like to have another windshield there as the peel board that way the tint can conform to the windshield like it does on the rear glass. take from one and apply it on the other.

Archived