If this ain't hell.......

Guest haroldshouseoftint

Hey Devil,

I saw that this morning on the news about the cabin and lodge up there, thats nothing nice the fire we had a couple of years ago in northern AZ was like that, I was almost 100 miles away from the fire doing a roof on my parents house, and was on the roof before the sun come up and as the sun was coming up, I watched smoke roll down the streets and just fill Winslow and it was bad, all the best to all of you out there, FIRES SUCK!!!!!!

Tintman,

The smoke from a couple of days ago was nothing......today it's twice as bad. :tantrum

It's so thick and blue that the city skyscrapers have disappeared.

On the news they said it was the worst polution of the atmosphere ever recorded. :krazy

I've never seen anything like it nor likely to ever again.

The fireballs have been so huge and the heat generated so great that huge trees are just exploding.

And they reckon this can't be put out and will go on burning all summer.

400,000 ha burnt now and they superimposed a fire map over our city and if you can imagine a circle some 20 miles in radius, then all of that is gone. :thumb

Devil

400,000 ha burnt now and they superimposed a fire map over our city and if you can imagine a circle some 20 miles in radius, then all of that is gone. :beer

Devil

Make that 500,000 now and one death due to some low life deliberatly setting a fire that resulted in the volunteer's life.

Last night the front travelled 10 miles in 6 hours. Now that's scooting!

One fireman got knocked over by a kangaroo fleeing the flames. :DD

At 4 PM in the afternoon, the main city in the area went to total black, as black as midnight due the the density of the smoke blocking out the sun. Unbelievable but true.

That was weird seeing the TV footage of it with cars with lights on. :nope

Devil

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:lol2:nope:lol2 WOW...... 2471053.814915898 thats the acres conversion for those of us in the states

Glad to hear its finally under control :nope

Now hope for no rain for a lil bit or it will turn into a flood plane, and/or mud slides

:krazy hope everything else is good :lol2

:beer 69 days of burning. Glad you were safe. How many homes were lost?

TJ,

Here are the exact facts in the newspaper today.........

Hectares burnt.......1,116,408

Firefighter used to fight the fires...........19,000

Homes saved.........2,000

Losses

Houses.........51

Outbuildings...........221

Livestock..........1,536

Other animals..........220

Crops..........866ha

Grain.............141 tonnes.

Dev :lol2

Archived