Aussies using Johnsons?

Guest sowdy

G'day TJ,

In my many years of using all and sundry at one time or other, Madico have been by far the most successful in "hanging in there" for me.

They were not without problems however with non colour stable auto films like the Performance Tint, Autolux and Granite but not one adhesive failure which is a huge plus.

Their current Onyx and Charcool have been outstanding in all areas with never a failure and that's been here downunder for 6-7 years I guess.

Most people buying film think that all of it will last forever because the sales pitch says so regardless of brand so they don't ever expect it to be replaced.

Money no option? :bottle Well probably Formula 1 out of MEP, Quantum out of Bekaert and Onyx out of Madico.

Devil

:thumb

Thanks I'll get some samples of these and give em a try. It amazes me how anyone can be sucked into the BS about films and which ones are the best. The Formula 1 film u mention I'd always been told was :coffee very nasty stuff.

Bekaert and Madico I've always known to be good - Madico more so although their range tends to be highly metalised so I've steered away from it for fear of rear screen reception problems. And that odd look although their Onyx line might be more pleasing on the eye.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi tintim, as an ex Liverpudlian I know a thing or two about the sun or lack of in the UK!

Just for the record I use 3M CS for my retail customers and as a sub contractor I use whatever the dealership buys for me to install, most recently its been Suntek which I think is quite nice to use. The reason for the 3M in my retail work is simply the branding, I think it can be a PITA to use but it does look nice on. I dont think any manufacturer has come out with a tint that will last yet, obviously the longevity varies between brands I say stick to the better ones and make sure they have good back up for any future warranty claims.

jj

:bottle

Hey JJ how long u been out in Oz?

We keep talking about going to Oz - maybe emmigrating? Were you a tinter in UK? Whats the industry like - pretty saturated I guess. Take your point on the film - been doing this a while now and starting to see the odd six and seven year old car that we've done.

For the most part they're OK but some have clearly faded - least they aint gone purple. Had a few adhesive failures on rear screens and also seen the seal indents in the film. But u know what its like always pushing for best film and quickets cleanest install.

Go to keep striving :coffee

:thumb

Hey JJ how long u been out in Oz?

We keep talking about going to Oz - maybe emmigrating? Were you a tinter in UK? Whats the industry like - pretty saturated I guess. Take your point on the film - been doing this a while now and starting to see the odd six and seven year old car that we've done.

For the most part they're OK but some have clearly faded - least they aint gone purple. Had a few adhesive failures on rear screens and also seen the seal indents in the film. But u know what its like always pushing for best film and quickets cleanest install.

Go to keep striving :lol2

:lol2

Hey Tintim

been here since 1995, only started tinting since I have been in Oz.

The industry could always use good quality tinters, I could line you up with a job in Brisvegas tommorow mate! Plus you can 35% all windows (except windscreen obviously) for that symetrical finish non of that 50 or 70% BS you gotta do in blighty!

Say hi to the queen for me!

ps serious about the job thing :beer

jj

Hey Tintim

been here since 1995, only started tinting since I have been in Oz.

The industry could always use good quality tinters, I could line you up with a job in Brisvegas tommorow mate! Plus you can 35% all windows (except windscreen obviously) for that symetrical finish non of that 50 or 70% BS you gotta do in blighty!

Say hi to the queen for me!

ps serious about the job thing :DD

jj

:DD

I'll have a chat with the missus. Where is Brisvegas or is that Ozzie speak for brisbane?

Archived