Hey Guys!!! it's been a while...

Guest Stratusrtrida

Guest Stratusrtrida

Hey guys...whats going on? Its been a while since I posted here. I have been really busy with work and sort of got away from the whole tint/decal/detailing thing...I want to get back into it this winter now that xmas is almost here and gone and ill have more time on my hands. (I work for UPS and its been crazy the last couple of months.) Anyways, I bought some S****k some time ago because I had some tint I bought from Wholesale Window tint.(20%) and it turned kinda purple after about 2 years and I got bagged with a $605 ticket. ( $250 for tint, $250 for a window stripe that came down too low, $35 for each front blinker that was white and not amber and $35 for no front plate) That was actually the day after xmas last year. So I bought a $250 roll of S****k, retinted my windows, 35% all around, then I went to get an inspection sticker and they put the tester on it and they came back as 25%.I know some cars have tint in the glass from the factory but I would realize if it were 10%. Its only a Dodge Strats so its not like its a high end car with factory tint ....Any of you guys have this problem? Do you think they just sent me the wrong roll...It seemed waaaaay lighter than the 20% I had on there...Thanks,

**No naming the manufacturers please :thumb **

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VaTinterPMan

The tint coming out of the roll can vary its not always the same percentage so it could of came out at 32% instead of 35% then 7% for the glass cause glass stops a certain amount of light even if not shaded or tinted at all. so the 7% from the 32 would make it 25% and it was prolly illegal. here in VA we have a 7% variance off of 50 and 35 so its 43 28. and some states it has to be a net not just the film like film pluse glass = %.

Guest IBtintn

most cars made after 1995 have at least 7% in the glass and it will read at 25-30%because of varying glass manufacturers, and the slight film variations if applying a 35% film. no matter the company.. get a 43% or above and you should be safe..

Archived