PUCK'IN TINT FILMS

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just trying to make a joke, not bashing any body's style, just a poor attempt at humor. :lol

dont worry TD almost every attempt at humor I have done throughout life has failed. Stand up wasnt in the cards for me :thumb so I just decided to :beer:beer:beer

I still need video or a first hand demonstration to master cs.

The first time I used 3M CS was in early 01. My famlies rep came by with two corp. guys from 3M and wanted me to try their new CS film. I got a friends bug and used it to demo the film. I dry shrunk the rear window in one piece useing the lift and pull tech. just like I use with our current brand ATR and didn't have any problems with a one piece install. :thumb This was before the film was ever released or any video was out for instaling it.

Dan what kind of problems are you haveing with shrinking the film?

I was just trying to make a joke, not bashing any body's style, just a poor attempt at humor. :beer

I just want the uninformed customer to know that some cars are better off with a seamed install that a one piece! Not many but a couple! :thumb

Guest MidcoastMW
All I'll add is after nearly 22 years of installing, if you can't figure out how to get a clean rear window, and you continue the same pattern of your prep, then you're not progressing in your skill. Listing all the different prep methods will not help those who tint like robots. You have to WANT to do better. Most installers that have 10 cars rammed down their throats by a shop owner who can't tint, won't take the time to learn something that may or may not increase the install time. That being said, there are installers that treat tinting as an art, and those that look at it as a job like making pizza. I've done both, and I prefer to get compliments from repeat customers who come back year after year because I took the time to get it right the first time for them. That goes a long way if you're self employed. Better than any bulk mailing campaign offering $59 tint jobs! :beer

:thumb:beer

after a week that included 96 Vette and a 02 Mit/ Eclp I put the my prep skills to the test, I used a citris solvent spray that I always used on dot areas and decided to scrub it to the def/lines both CS AND NR films sat real smooth, I normally use Petro/ solvent chemicals for the metalized defo/lines as aggressive prep. The natural solvent seem to work better on two well known for pucking rears. Less time fooling with heat guns, years back I would always think that a thin film was the cause. :thumb

Archived