Full windshield tint

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Olfablade

Simpson, if your doing windshields only for show and non street legal, than no worries. If you are doing windshields for regular street customers than I have issues with you.

I do all the Lexus work for commercials and training videos on non street legal cars. There IS a difference. I do illegal work on vehicles that don't see the street. If you do the same, than no worries. Your post sounded like you do anything illegal. :lol2

:dunno I personaly have 50% on one of my vechiles an 83 Chevy stepside but I don't drive it often since I have an 06 Chevy crewcab 4x4 that I do drive everyday.

My 83 is ok to drive during the day time but even with the 50% on it at nite I have to drive with the high beams on and if there aren't street lites it's hard to see very well.

I haven't driven the 83 in about 3 months.

I won't do any others knowing what my experiance has been. :poke

Also here where I live they have been knnown to have vech. towed do to being an unsafe condition that with most films if you try to strip the tint off it will still leave the adhesive behind. :lol2

I own a 1950 Dodge Coronet (well, my husband does). We have every intention of putting 50% on the whole car, including windshield, when it's bodywork is complete. On a 6-volt system, the headlights are no better than candles. Tint or no tint, it does NOT drive at night.

I still won't tint a customer's windshield. Not even UV Clear.

#1) It's federally illegal -- but then, technically so is tinting over the brake light, and we do that... heck, the manufacturers do that...

#2) I still believe there's a safety issue with the operation of the airbags -- I didn't mean it's designed for the windshield to give completely, I meant they're engineered with a /specific/ amount of give, and I don't want to mess with that. Airbags freak me out.

#3) I'm chicken and don't want to get that much water behind the dash.

Our dodge doesn't have airbags or excessive electronics in the dash.

shoot, I just did a friends caravan windshield today, it was a somebitch, that's one round beeotch....with a full metal film, sucked balls, took about an hour and a half.....I'll do it for friends, and myself, but other than that nooo way, man, not worth the risk......there's a dumbass around here that will give you reciept for illegal work, I've seen one...

Guest VOLTRON

I have done my truck and my van but I am wondering if I should do the galant we just got due to the electronics behind the dash. I wasnt so worried about the truck and the van but the galant is new and dont want to fock sh|t up.

Archived