problem here

Guest haroldshouseoftint
:beer what did it melt from, too close to the manifold :lol2 I'd put it on and see what it was close to that got that hot to melt it :shock

:lol2 what did it melt from, too close to the manifold :shock I'd put it on and see what it was close to that got that hot to melt it :beer

you know how the stock air filter has an aluminium hose going up, upon removing it and installing this thing the manifold hole is left open, could be the reaon for the air going up in direction of the tube, intake tube sits on a metal bracket which im thinking its the problem. I was thinking of wrapping it up in a heatshield sort of thing. :lol2

Guest haroldshouseoftint

do you still have the stock aluminum hose, and if so could you cut it and kind of wrap the area of the tube K&N with it as to deflect some of the heat.

that might work for a heatshield :beer hard to say without actually being hands on looking at it. my buddy had a 92 silverado with a 350 in it, but his just had a old round air cleaner on it it didn't have a box on it.

:shock

Guest haroldshouseoftint

OK the saddle bracket that mounts to the valve cover, does the tube just rest on that and secured by a hose clamp, or does it fit snug in there then the hose clamp?

if you have a little play in it, you migh be able to put a strip of heat shield aluminum about 8 - 10" long under it to reflect some of the heat, and have it secured in with the provided hose clamp.

if it is snug, can you possibly bend it open a little and do the above method?

OK the saddle bracket that mounts to the valve cover, does the tube just rest on that and secured by a hose clamp, or does it fit snug in there then the hose clamp?

if you have a little play in it, you migh be able to put a strip of heat shield aluminum about 8 - 10" long under it to reflect some of the heat, and have it secured in with the provided hose clamp.

if it is snug, can you possibly bend it open a little and do the above method?

I had my goofy mechanic tell me the same thing. I was thinkign of getting some kind of heatshield material, and wrapping it like you said, but it does rest and secure with a hose clamp but the hose clamp does wrap around the metal bracket, just the hose it itself. which I think its useless :shock

appreciate you helpdude

Guest haroldshouseoftint

Glad I came up with the same thing a goofy mechanic did :lol2:lol2 does that mean I'm a goofy winder tntr too :shock:lol2

Hope it works out for ya man :beer

Glad I came up with the same thing a goofy mechanic did :lol2:lol2 does that mean I'm a goofy winder tntr too :lol2:lol2

Hope it works out for ya man :shock

:lol2 im seriuos. we call him goofy, hes a "good" mechanic but mickey mouses shiat all over :beer a lil to much... :lol2

goofy winder tinter its up to you man.. :beer

I havent had time to put on that heatshield I been busy as hell and havent touched the truck for a week actually. we'll see what happens

:barf im seriuos. we call him goofy, hes a "good" mechanic but mickey mouses shiat all over :lol a lil to much... :lol

goofy winder tinter its up to you man.. :lol2

I havent had time to put on that heatshield I been busy as hell and havent touched the truck for a week actually. we'll see what happens

The term "mechanic" is out dated.. :lol .. we prefer the term, "automotive technician" ...

Just like hillbillys prefer the term "appalachian american"..... :hmmm

Archived