What does an oil change cost you?

Hey guys I'm back again and need some help. Answering this quick survey would really kickass for me, I need to get some info before I put this business in full swing. More details to come about what the business actually does. Ohh btw anybody who answers gets a beer on me whenever I see ya :lol

Kind of a survey, thinkin of starting a business and need some input. so a few questions if you would be so kind to answer

1. Where do you get your oil changed?

2. How much did it cost you after all charges including oil disposal fee, filter disposal fee ect, and did they try to upsell you or put hidden charges on the ticket?

3. What type of oil did you get (conventional, hybrid, synthetic)

4. Where you happy with the service?

5. How long did you have to wait for the vehicle to get done?

I"m sure I'll think of more questions but as of right now this is good. So if you have time could you please answer, it'd help out.

Thanks

Chris

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

1. Where do you get your oil changed?

Home

2. How much did it cost you after all charges including oil disposal fee, filter disposal fee ect, and did they try to upsell you or put hidden charges on the ticket?

Roughly $6 a quart for AMSOIL's ASL 5w30. Filter disposal is $0.50 and oil disposal is free.

3. What type of oil did you get (conventional, hybrid, synthetic)

AMSOIL. Hybrids/blends/semi is pure marketing BS and they don't perform better or last longer than their conventional or group III counterparts.

4. Where you happy with the service?

Darn right I'm happy with my service

5. How long did you have to wait for the vehicle to get done?

Takes me about 20 minutes start to finish.

If you're going to start an oil change service just let me know. I have a few ideas that could help.

I use mobile1 oil and filters in everything I own an oil change costs around 40 bucks to do it myself.

Those quick lube places don't even change your oil half the time. I used to go to them once in a while, but I stopped that all together when I bought lifts for the shop. I can't remember how many times those bone heads jerked out my K&N air filter and said it was worn out and they wanted to replace it with one of their 20 dollar paper crap air filters . :poop

Guest haroldshouseoftint
I use mobile1 oil and filters in everything I own an oil change costs around 40 bucks to do it myself.

Those quick lube places don't even change your oil half the time. I used to go to them once in a while, but I stopped that all together when I bought lifts for the shop. I can't remember how many times those bone heads jerked out my K&N air filter and said it was worn out and they wanted to replace it with one of their 20 dollar paper crap air filters . :bingo

:thumb Same thing for me, but I go to the dealer and buy the "factory" filters but Mobil 1 synthetic all the way @ my house, take the oil to Checker or autozone and dump for free even the filter :thumb

Guest darkdan
:bingo Same thing for me, but I go to the dealer and buy the "factory" filters but Mobil 1 synthetic all the way @ my house, take the oil to Checker or autozone and dump for free even the filter :thumb

HAHAHAHA

"factory" filters.

Like Honda, Dodge, Ford, Kia, or anyone else for that matter actually make filters.

They're just repainted versions of other brands with a larger price tag.

OTC Motorcraft filters are made by Purolator. From the factory blue Motorcrafts are made by Champion.

Most filters are made by Champion.

NAPA Golds are actually repainted Wix filters.

Finder out who actually makes what filter is much easier than who is actually making what film.

Archived