Pontiac Solstice

Guest FilmBlazer

Guest FilmBlazer

This window sucked azz. I haven't done many convertibles, they all look like a pain though. Does anyone have any tips or recommendations for making this window look good and not like a complete piece of shiat when I'm done. I cut that thing 5 times to get the defrost cutouts come close to my expectations, but the clean and the lay was less than perfect, especially for a show car which is what he wants to do with it.

Rollups and windshield were cake!

-FB

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I have only done a hand full of em, all I did was took a 36" roll laid it sideways cut a piece big enough to cover the window.

If memory serves its like 32" wide and 9" tall then climbed in the car cut it all on the inside, then cleaned it peeled it and stuck it :spit

Guest FilmBlazer
I have only done a hand full of em, all I did was took a 36" roll laid it sideways cut a piece big enough to cover the window.

If memory serves its like 32" wide and 9" tall then climbed in the car cut it all on the inside, then cleaned it peeled it and stuck it :thumb

I finally got the defrost cutouts to look halfway not shiatty, but ended up with a light line on the top edge where there is little to no overlap. He's coming back in a few days for his "black tape" lol

Not alot of film on the car, but I put more on the floor than I did on the car! Love those jobs! You know how it goes though, I was like "He's gonna hate this" and when he got here to pick it up he had a boner for it!

Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

I've done a ton of these. I don't cut on the inside unless I have to trim a little around the defrost tabs. This and the new vibe are the only back glasses that I keep a template to. I cut out the perimiter off of the template, put it on the outside of the back window and then cut out the defrost tabs. I don't sweat too much if there is a small gap on the sides. The seat covers it up anyway.

Archived