According to suntek, infinity OP doesn't fade!

Guest darkdan

Guest darkdan

Yeah, right.

So anyways, it's time for me to remove the failing InfinityOP 50% from my own car.

Luckily, I still have the roll I used on my car about 2 years ago. Out of the box, it meters 50% on clear 1/4" glass. On my vehicle, it meters 64%!

I called them and got their address to mail it back to them. They're saying there's no way it could fade.

How you going to tell me it can't fade? I'm holding faded film in my hand! Not to mention the clarity started going downhill last year and is really starting to go down now. Looks like tiny little bubbles are growing.

This wasn't originally going to be an issue. But I did three cars with this film. Mine and two others. Well guess what....one of them ruined a window and now I'll have to redo that window. I just called today to see the warranty process just IN CASE they notice a 14% VLT difference and I end up having to redo the whole car. However, I'm hoping that won't happen.

Anyways, I'm mailing them the failing film now off of my personal vehicle.

According to them I am the FIRST person with an infinityOP warranty issue/failure. WOOHOO! I love being first.

Guest FilmBlazer

I talked to a rep at the Martinsville plant the other day... She specifically told me that the only line of auto film guaranteed against fading was the carbon. I think she goofed though, because according to all of the literature both infinityOP and Carbon are guaranteed.

This is straight off of their (CW ST) website! :thumb Please note line 5!

Exclusive neutral, sputtered all metal construction

Best "All Metal" film in its class

Low visual reflectance

Superior optical clarity

(Lifetime warranty that includes fading}

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home | About SunTek | Find a Distributor | Contact Us | Automotive | Residential/Commercial

Safety & Security | International Products | Tools

Copyright? 2003 Commonwealth Laminating & Coating, Inc. All rights reserved.

We're Expanding!

(more)

We're Expanding Even More! Details coming soon...

Carbon

New Carbon Dyed Non-Fading Lifetime Warranty Film. (more).

Symphony Series

New, dual reflective film available in res. / comm., automotive and safety & security (more).

SunTek Southeast

We are adding SunTek Southeast which is located in Florida.

SunTek Korea

SunTek has recently added Korea to our "Find A Distributor" page.

About Automotive Films About Automotive Films InfinityOP InfinityOP High Performance High Performance Standard Standard NEW SPECTRA SERIES NEW SPECTRA SERIES NEW CARBON SERIES NEW CARBON SERIES About Res. / Comm. Films About Res. / Comm. Films SymphonyDS SymphonyDS InfinityDS InfinityDS SilverDS SilverDS About Safety & Security Films About Safety & Security Films Clear Films Clear Films Solar Films Solar Films About International Films About International Films Economy Films Economy Films Professional Grade Auto Professional Grade Auto Professional Grade Res. / Comm. Professional Grade Res. / Comm. Specialty Films Specialty Films Safety & Security Films Safety & Security Films NEW SPECTRA SERIES NEW SPECTRA SERIES About Tools About Tools Squeegees and Hard Cards Squeegees and Hard Cards Scrapers Scrapers Knives & Blades Knives & Blades Sprayers Sprayers Other Tools & Accessories Other Tools & Accessories

Guest Bulldog
Yeah, right.

So anyways, it's time for me to remove the failing InfinityOP 50% from my own car.

Luckily, I still have the roll I used on my car about 2 years ago. Out of the box, it meters 50% on clear 1/4" glass. On my vehicle, it meters 64%!

I called them and got their address to mail it back to them. They're saying there's no way it could fade.

How you going to tell me it can't fade? I'm holding faded film in my hand! Not to mention the clarity started going downhill last year and is really starting to go down now. Looks like tiny little bubbles are growing.

This wasn't originally going to be an issue. But I did three cars with this film. Mine and two others. Well guess what....one of them ruined a window and now I'll have to redo that window. I just called today to see the warranty process just IN CASE they notice a 14% VLT difference and I end up having to redo the whole car. However, I'm hoping that won't happen.

Anyways, I'm mailing them the failing film now off of my personal vehicle.

According to them I am the FIRST person with an infinityOP warranty issue/failure. WOOHOO! I love being first.

As former rep I can tell ya (IMO also)..."I never heard of that before" is a standard reply :mad

Secondly, just because the is a no fade warranty, doesn't mean it'll never fade.....

O yeah, don't tell j-tint about clarity issue... :thumb

As former rep I can tell ya (IMO also)..."I never heard of that before" is a standard reply

Secondly, just because the is a no fade warranty, doesn't mean it'll never fade.....

O yeah, don't tell j-tint about clarity issue...

:mad I knew that was the standard answer. :thumb

Guest Sprinter

I've never not seen full metal films fail in the desert heat the glue is the first thing to go and it doesn't matter who made the film anywhere from 3 to 4 years and the films crap, dyed film last longer out here it might go purple but it doesn't go bad with the glue giving way.

Guest darkdan
Dan,

does the film look lighter? Maybe your meter is just getting mis-calibrated. That happened to my meter, and it was reading 15 percentage points too low.

I was able to re-calibrate it, though.

According to the test samples it's dead on.

Besides, film from the box = 50%. Film on my car = 64%.

I just thought it was super funny she's trying to tell me it's impossible for it to fade. I mean comeon, it's right here.

Well, it's the first I've heard of, too. Full metal films just don't do that kind of thing generally.

Technically, what the film is doing is demetalizing. You do see it on really, really old film, usually flat glass, that's getting streaky and spotty looking, not uniformly fading. I'm pretty sure that the metal doesn't actually go anywhere, but the molecules start to shift their orientation so that you can't see them, kind've like an LCD display. :lol

H

Archived