What method is the most cost effective?

Guest deanjones

Guest Key West
Thats how I get mine cut. Most (not all) major film companies price sheets Ive seen are a little cheaper :lol2 by the square foot. I try to order 60" rolls cut to my preferences.

I am with a company now that doesnt charge for cuts and usually the combined order of 60" rolls meets the quota for free shipping also. :dunno

Pleeze enlighten me!! Just who does that? :lol2 I'll be a custy for LIFE!!! :poop:beer

Willie fer Prez (ME for sec of state)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Crackz

I like the smaller rolls I like to double cut the sides at once 1/2 the cutting per car and both windows are cut the same much faster cuts that way 36 for the rears

I buy my rolls like this:

20" For single roll ups and small rear windows,

60" cut down the middle = 2 30" rolls for most rear windows out there and large truck roll ups,

40" or 36" for larger rear windows.

I save a ton of money with the 30" rolls! If you take a look at the height of rear windows most of them will fit on a 30" roll.

Guest Crackz

hey I used a 40" roll this saturday for all the cars we did I split the tint in the middle at the 20" point made 2 pulls for the 4 side windows and pulled 1 40" piece for the back glass and the excess from the back did a tint strip ....I think its much better for us too use 40" less scrap more tint for the money.....and all you have in the car with ya is 4 boxes that way :dunno:dunno:beer

hey I used a 40" roll this saturday for all the cars we did I split the tint in the middle at the 20" point made 2 pulls for the 4 side windows and pulled 1 40" piece for the back glass and the excess from the back did a tint strip ....I think its much better for us too use 40" less scrap more tint for the money.....and all you have in the car with ya is 4 boxes that way :dunno:beer:beer

:beer 40" rolls is all I buy for auto :dunno

Guest Key West
I'm trying to figure out what would actually end up being cheaper regarding film roll sizes....

Let's say we have a typical 4 door car. Each roll-up needs 36" of film to cover it. The back 1/4 glass can be done with the excess from the front roll-up. The rear window needs 60" or 5 feet of film... just for argument sake. That's 17 feet of film.

Ok, now without stating a price, I'm finding that if you simply use a 40" roll, you only need to use 11 feet of film to cover this car because for the roll-ups you would generally pull 36" of film, cut the width down the middle and you have 1 side of the car done.

I'm finding this is actually significantly cheaper per car by just using a 40" roll as opposed to using film off of a 20" roll and a 40" roll.

What am I missing? I thought it was cheaper to have your rolls broken down to 18, 20, 24, 36 and 40... Or, at least that's what I was told.

I don't see how you figure it's cheaper/cost effective to use just a 40" :thumb . I buy a 40" and 2 20" of each VLT I stock. I get the side out of the 20" and the 40 is for back glass and oversized rollups. It's the same if you split the roll 20/20 for the sides, just more film on hand. :thumb:dunno

Archived