these guys go all out when they tint a car

Guest tintgod

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's something I bet a bunch of you missed. That car is a Buick. Yes, really. Buick licenced their name for use on small car (well over there mid to large sized!) line up made and sold in China (that's China, not Japan, btw).

I thought it was, but I knew for sure once I checked out the center of the steering wheel in the pic about 2/3 of the way down where the bright blue mat is on the floor of the drivers area of the car and you are looking into the drivers area from a standing position outside the car. It's " 000_0163.JPG (04-07-25 16:56, 55.51 K) " if you search.

You can see the trademark Buick three-shield trademark on the horn/airbag. This is actually not a ripoff of that, but a deal GM made to get their foot in the door over there about 7-8 years back.

I was told by a V-Cool rep in Palm Springs CA. that shops like that are getting 1000.00 plus to tint a car. He was saying that V-Kool is like a status symbol over there, and there is alot of people that think just the sticker on their car is cool.

Wet shrinking and dry shrinking VK-70 was a Pain in the butt. And when you mess up it's expensive. :twocents

Great find TG. :lol6

That is certainly overkill but hey who gives a rats if it can lift the image of the game by that far?

And no doubt the price to justify it too.

I like the way they have done the grey on the bottom of the walls.

Some of the door trims I have removed that have been dirty and where I've placed them against the walls have left marks. This would hide that.

Devil

Damn that shop make me a bit embarrased about my shop . I think I will clean up a bit tomoorrow. Get rid of the rats and cockroaches .

:lol:lol:lol Dam, good one :lol:lol:lol

If I could get 1k per car and thats how I had to do it....I'd fukin do it :thumb

Seriously though, as a customer, that is assinine to spend that kind of money for something, that in the end, is probably no better quality wise than a tinter that knows wtf they are doing just using standard modern day techniques that charges 4 times less.

Archived