New employee

In light of my injury last week, my wife and I decided that the show must go on. We cant afford to loose business like we did last week. So, my wife has very reluctantly stepped up to the plate, and tomorrow is day one. She says there is nothing anyone can say to her to help prepare her to work in this job. Is that true you guys, especially tint chick, because I know she has first hand experience.

My wifes main problem is that I tend to yell, because I am not a good trainer, in her opinion. :thumb

Guest Bulldog
In light of my injury last week, my wife and I decided that the show must go on. We cant afford to loose business like we did last week. So, my wife has very reluctantly stepped up to the plate, and tomorrow is day one. She says there is nothing anyone can say to her to help prepare her to work in this job. Is that true you guys, especially tint chick, because I know she has first hand experience.

My wifes main problem is that I tend to yell, because I am not a good trainer, in her opinion. :thumb

She, like any other newbie, is gonna waste film. Invest the $ in her. At least she aint gonna leave ya to open her own shop after she's trained!!!! :thumb oh yeah....nothing to prepare her...learn by doin!!

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal
At least she aint gonna leave ya to open her own shop after she's trained!!!! :thumb

exactly what happened to the guy I learned to tint from...his crazy ex called it blackwidow window tinting and taught her new boyfriend how to tint :thumb women

Dave-my wife has worked with me for almost 10 years...you have to separate work from home. She needs to understand that if you are frustrated at the job...that you aren't TAKING IT OUT on her! Once my wife understood that its been smooth sailing.... :duck Good Luck Bro!!! :duck Oh yeah-you have to let her BE THE BOSS! :beer

I disagree. Our work life and home life are very connected!

We respect each other at work. We respect each other at home. IT TAKES A LOT OF WORK! We communicate, constantly. We argue occasionally, but we HAVE to work through it. If we don't we lose money! So we agree to get along...no matter what!

If you are training her to tint...be patient! VERY Patient!

I 'd love to have my wife tint along side with me, but she makes too much guaranteed paycheck$$$ to leave her profession not to mention , she has a benefit package which covers the family. Kinda a catch 22..the one person I could trust for sure AND lives at home..but lose income ..to make income :beer

Thanks for the input everyone. I wish my wife could have a better paying job, because I know that she is more than capable. But, we have two autistic children, so she has given up her career to stay at home with them, so we did loose a second income 11 years ago.

She wants to work, at least that what she says, but didn't want to tint. But, this is our income, our business, and we need another person to be able to run it when im out injured or sick. My kids last day of school is today, so it will be a few months before we can do allot of training, but when they go back to school, it will be time to work. She does work now answering the phone and scheduling my work, which is a big help.

Archived