07 Camary

Guest Stag

Guest Stag

Did a 07 camary and the front windows are streaking when he rolls them up and down. I didnt know if it had another weather strip below that needed felt because the top one is felt.Thanks for any help. :dunno

:uh to the best of my recollection both are felt. Possibly some of the gunk they hold the inner plastic liner on with got on one of the gaskets? or did he dump a coffee or coke when going through the drive thru? :beer (had that happen with a customer before...blaming the tint :dunno ) :uh

been in the biz for a long time...have yet to felt a single car and havent had a single vertical scratch complaint :hmmm

Hard to believe ..have you done many of the cars that are on the "felting list" ? I've tried 3 different times to tint the 2 front windows on a 2003 dodge van and scratched every time..had to peel off and felt it. Your saying that you can tint the same 2 fronts and no scratching without felting or altering the gasket :dunno:hmmm

Hard to believe ..have you done many of the cars that are on the "felting list" ? I've tried 3 different times to tint the 2 front windows on a 2003 dodge van and scratched every time..had to peel off and felt it. Your saying that you can tint the same 2 fronts and no scratching without felting or altering the gasket :dunno:hmmm

Its possible. I felt all thats on the felt list now. But when the new mustang came out, I was tinting them without any scratching, or at least the customer didn't come back. :hmmm Until one day a guy comes in with scratches on his ford, I joined tintdude due to looking for a solution.

But, to answer the posted question, the camry doesn't need felt. :hmmm

when the new mustang came out, I was tinting them without any scratching, or at least the customer didn't come back

Yeah, same here with that car :dunno

Guest haroldshouseoftint
been in the biz for a long time...have yet to felt a single car and havent had a single vertical scratch complaint :hmmm

:hmmm I had a similar issue with the mustangs, I used to only felt mercedees, then had my first 7 or 8 mustangs I did, all come back, seemed like at once.

But, I also have a buddie who doesn't add felt to the mustangs, and the customers have never called him back, but we've seen them around town, and they are scratched all to hell so while you may never have had a complaint, doesn't mean it's not happening :dunno

Archived