new cl 550

Guest wilcax

Guest wilcax

0601071849.jpg

and another view

0601071850.jpg

huper ceramic 50 all around. front doors and rear window were easy. qtrs windows were a a pain. I pulled the gasket to make it easier to install and get a nicer job.

Guest wilcax

yes the qtrs still roll down on these new ones. much more of a task to remove the gasket than the old model though. you gotts take three torx 15 outta the chrome trim, then pull the door seal away from the panel. lift up a little bit on the door sill on the bottom rear part only. now the panel that hides the airbag will slide forward and out. theres a black popper that you need to remove behind that panel. remove the lower seat cushion and the 10 mm bolt holding the backrest down. theres a 10 mm nut at the bottom of the panel and one more hidding on the side of the panel behind the backrest, just kinda pull up on the seat and pull forward and you will see it back there. now the panel pops up form the front and forward and completely outta the car, just unplug the window switch. now comes the tricky part, removing the gasket. its one piece inside and out. it wraps around the window. just pull it forward a little bit and pull up. once out I just left them sticking up like lambo doors against the car.you may want to cut your patterns before removing the panel as the switch is mounted on it.

olfa it looks good, I should have taken a pic with the qtrs down a little bit. I finished off the point with a multi curve. it goes about three inches back in there where you cant cut it from the outside, so its the only way other than freehanding the point. :evilgrin

note. none of the gaskets were felted but I didnt felt these because of the way they are on the car and you cant remove them, I just told the customer about it and he said if they should scratch he'll just re do the tint. I dont think theyll scratch as the rubber was very soft. :lol6

just did a new 07 cl600. we took it apart and felted all 4 channels. pulled the fronts back to remove the rubber, but it stays attached to the car. the quarters we removed the rubber and left it attached but found it hard to put back in after we felted it. it was attached to the outside chrome molding so we took that off too. slid the interior track in then snapped the outer trim on. was kind of scary taking apart this car but it had to be done.

Guest wilcax

yeah those qtr window rubbers are a pita to get back in, its like you have to line it up but not push down just slide it all the way back. if you dont, there will be wind noise :evileye

havent heard of him yet so I guess still no scratching...

we'll see.

I cut the top, then lift and roll the window back up. when its up I use my thumb and make a light crease along the rubber. then while its on my board I use that line as a guide to freehand the last 3 inches down. I use this technique on the chevy,gmc truck rear rolldowns; also the escalades. at least the 99-06 models

Archived