new cl 550

Guest wilcax

Just did a new CL63 yesterday. Believe it or not not, you can slip the film past the seals- not easy but doable. I used a bulldozer to nail down the rear corners, couldn't believe it actually fit! Give it a try. Also, use a tool like the conqueror to lift back the rubber so you can wet the window all the way down. Hope this helps someone. And yes they came out clean.

I did and 04 clk that had quarters like that what I did was roll the quarter all the way down and

used 2" amercian masking tape to tape it againts the quarter panel. I used the equalizer stick and tore off 5" inches of tape at a time sliped it down there and used the stick to rub it and make it stick to the seal. I taped it vertically. Only tape it before you wet it or it's gonna be a pain in the ass. After your all done wiggle the tape side to side and it comes out real easy.

yeah those qtr window rubbers are a pita to get back in, its like you have to line it up but not push down just slide it all the way back. if you dont, there will be wind noise :rollin

havent heard of him yet so I guess still no scratching...

we'll see.

Did my first CL63.. your tips for the vents were heads up. I pulled the doors fillers to ... Money is no object with this type of car [by the hour labor rate]. I will have my geek put some picks up of the M/COOL

Archived