Ever do work for friends?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
So your not going to tint your mom's or dad's car for free?

Not only no.........HELL NO!!! Especially my mom & dad!! 25 years they have lived on top of Signal Mt. (VERY high dollar neighborhood). I did thier house in '91 (FREE). She claims now that the fading has ACCELERATED, and the tint no longer works. Nevermind that I replaced a piece (Transom window) in Dec. last year and it matched. In that 25 years they have lived up there, I have done A TON of work, but NEVER ONCE have I gotten a referral from them! :krazy They are CHEAP, miserable old people who have alienated the entire family!

Sorry for the rant........What were we talkin' about? :dunno

my dad gets a new car every year because it's a company car. although if he would let me tint one of his grand prix's, I know he would love it! my mom wont let me go near her Jag with a roll of film. I use Suntek's Carbon, and she still says she can't do it because of what "the manual" says it will do to her navigation system... oh well. I wish I could tint one of them!! We have 4 cars in our driveway, and mines the only one tinted, and I do tint!!!! It's rediculous mang! I've done a couple cars for reduced rates, and 1 for free. but the free one generated a lot of business.

I've gotta agree with mdog on this one and I think you handeled it well. You don't have to be an azz to sugest to a friend to check other prices. If you explain honestly that you're hooking him up but that you do need to make some money, if he's a friend, he'll get it. We're adults here, not a bunch of 5th graders. Business is business, but some things do transcend. :krazy:dunno

Really difficult to do work for friends, You have to eat and pay your bills also, If you charged him less than you typical customer, you gave him a deal, if he doesn't like it, you just saved you time to get those retail customers taken care of that does bring in the bread. I hate "friends" that beat you down when you do what you do for a living... Plus, Those are the ones who will call you everyday about something stupid. With all do respect to your friend, move on and don't "give" it away. Take care of the customers that pay your bills and if he wants in, he will take your offer. just my :krazy

I hate hooking my friends up, because they are my worst warranty issue customers, always!!!

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I give away almost $5000 of tint away every year, it comes back around big time. But, it's carefully calculated to make sure it is given out in the best intrest of myself and company.

Guest CCC-Tinting
:welcome Uhhhh... No Offense, but he kinda sounds like an a-hole! Friends don't do that to each other. If you're giving him a deal, I would tell him that's it - take it or leave it ..... period! Good luck if you do it though! :beer

Archived