Ever do work for friends?

Have an old friend who wants his house tinted - about 32 windows = 300 sq ft. So I give him the good guy price, it aint pretty being this easy! Lets just say under $1k. So he says whats your film cost? I NEVER accept anyones first bid. If they want to work on my house they gotta be hungry for work. I know he's got alot of remodeling going on and has these guys working for $150 a day! LOL. I think I'll tell him to get a few competitors bids, that way he'll see what a deal he's getting. What would you do?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

depends on how close of a friend it is. I've found that friends are usually the pickiest and whine about any little thing they can find. close friends and family...they get it free, I dont even bother charging for my cost....that way....if they wanna b!tch I can tell em "hey, ya get what ya pay for". :lol for friends that aren't the "free" closeness, I charge em full pop. Ive found the "deals" end up bitin ya in the azz. :krazy:poke

Guest CajunTinter
Have an old friend who wants his house tinted - about 32 windows = 300 sq ft. So I give him the good guy price, it aint pretty being this easy! Lets just say under $1k. So he says whats your film cost? I NEVER accept anyones first bid. If they want to work on my house they gotta be hungry for work. I know he's got alot of remodeling going on and has these guys working for $150 a day! LOL. I think I'll tell him to get a few competitors bids, that way he'll see what a deal he's getting. What would you do?

Tell him you're too busy to do it and you'll call him when you get hungry....

he's no friend

:krazy:lol:poke

:krazy:dunno

Did a Toyota for a close friend a few weeks ago, he keeps asking how much, I keep changing topic. Just a way for me to pay back all the beers and invitations I got from him over the years...

:poke when they ask that I usually say..."the bill's in the mail" :lol

I think you did right. Just give him a good ol`buddy price and let him get some other quotes from other Tint shops.

If he is your best friend that one thing but if he is just a "buddy" your better off shooting him a decent price but nothing crazy. You have to eat also.

I have seen more than one case like this turning nasty and ending friendships, because one or the other thought they were getting screwed.

Make sure you get things IRONED OUT before you do any work for this person.

Guest vcreed123
So your not going to tint your mom's or dad's car for free?

Of course I'm going to do their's for free, whose cars do you think I'm going to be practicing on !! :krazy

Archived