Celtic cross

Howdy folks, we're still learning about plotters and graphics and file types and clean and bad artwork etc... I have a small job to cut out which the client sent a JPG of a celtic cross. Seems like a lot of work to clean it up for our rookie artist. I have checked a couple of libraries and can't find this specific cross, any help would be muchly appreciated, Thanks

Denny

post-10792-1182782549.gif

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

what a pain in the @$$!!! if you cant just dont do the job, it'll be much easier on you, the designer, and the guy that has to weed it out. im not sure if your making it big or small...small dont even think about it, and bigger you will be able to see every way point out of place and the whole design will look jagged. Celtic cross people are so damn picky to if a curve is of some :lol2 it's supposed to mean something so it has to look just right. I did a 2 foot tall one once for a back glass, had to photocopy and then trace it with a light box, then scanned the trace and still ahd to clean up the image forever and it STILL looked like crapp when blown up to 2 feet tall :lol2 unless you can find an eps already made of the exact one the customer wants charge up the @$$ or just dont bother.

what a pain in the @$$!!! if you cant just dont do the job, it'll be much easier on you, the designer, and the guy that has to weed it out. im not sure if your making it big or small...small dont even think about it, and bigger you will be able to see every way point out of place and the whole design will look jagged. Celtic cross people are so damn picky to if a curve is of some :lol2 it's supposed to mean something so it has to look just right. I did a 2 foot tall one once for a back glass, had to photocopy and then trace it with a light box, then scanned the trace and still ahd to clean up the image forever and it STILL looked like crapp when blown up to 2 feet tall :lol2 unless you can find an eps already made of the exact one the customer wants charge up the @$$ or just dont bother.

It's no big deal... I was just wondering if someone on this site has a better version of it that's all. Thanks for the input. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Peace,

Denny

Guest gtotint
Sweet! Thanks a bunch! Did you already have it or did you use a trace program, if so which one! Thanks again,

Peace,

Denny

I used flexisign to trace it.

Thanks agin GTO Tint... worked perfectly. Peace!

post-10792-1182867655.jpg

post-10792-1182867664.jpg

it looks good.

your welcome

Corel Trace sucks IMO. I always use a prgram called Total Vectorize.

Just downloaded it, and you're right, works great! Thanks for the advice!

PS. I noticed your handle "tat2punk" check out my buddy's site, he custom makes plugs for stretched lobes @ www.paulsplugs.com

Archived