rotator cuff/shoulder injuries

Does anyone else have rotator cuff/ shoulder injuries from tinting windows? I've only been tinting for about 8 years, but my right shoulder is so screwed up from continually squeege motion. I've been through summers where I was tinting anywhere from 10 to 14 cars on average daily...so I know my shoulder has taken quite a beating. But after an MRI I found out I had a sprained rotator cuff. My superspinatus and deltiod were pulled. I took about 6 weeks off...and started to feel better from the physical therapy. That was in January. Now I'm back in pain, it hurts in so many different positions, and it affects my life outside of work too. Has anyone else had to cope with these problems...and how did you deal with it?

Thanks

Ryan

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West
Does anyone else have rotator cuff/ shoulder injuries from tinting windows? I've only been tinting for about 8 years, but my right shoulder is so screwed up from continually squeege motion. I've been through summers where I was tinting anywhere from 10 to 14 cars on average daily...so I know my shoulder has taken quite a beating. But after an MRI I found out I had a sprained rotator cuff. My superspinatus and deltiod were pulled. I took about 6 weeks off...and started to feel better from the physical therapy. That was in January. Now I'm back in pain, it hurts in so many different positions, and it affects my life outside of work too. Has anyone else had to cope with these problems...and how did you deal with it?

Thanks

Ryan

2 words......Cortizone shots! They really don't hurt, (Needle is far scarier than the pain) and for me anyway, they give MONTHS of relief. By the time I start to hurt again, I actually look forward to that shot!! :dunno:trustme

2 words......Cortizone shots! They really don't hurt, (Needle is far scarier than the pain) and for me anyway, they give MONTHS of relief. By the time I start to hurt again, I actually look forward to that shot!! :dunno:trustme

lol, you're the second one to make that suggestion. Only problem is, it doesn't fix the problem. It just hides it and allows room to make it worse without realising it. Pain is your bodies way of saying...HELP

I torn my right shoulder on December 7. I use huge rubber bands to exercize every day. I also take glucosomine every day as well.

Doctor has told me he wants to dive in and repair it. I refuse, no time for me to stop working.

It rarely bothers me now

I torn my right shoulder on December 7. I use huge rubber bands to exercize every day. I also take glucosomine every day as well.

Doctor has told me he wants to dive in and repair it. I refuse, no time for me to stop working.

It rarely bothers me now

did you hurt it tinting?? or doing something else?

Guest CajunTinter

I got my rotator cuff redone 7 years ago. It took me about 4 months to fully recover, but it has not given me any problems at all since then. I can tint all day, play golf etc..... with no pain whatsoever. :trustme

Guest Key West
lol, you're the second one to make that suggestion. Only problem is, it doesn't fix the problem. It just hides it and allows room to make it worse without realising it. Pain is your bodies way of saying...HELP

True, but the alternative is surgery and 4 to 6 months of recovery/therapy. I have had it since the late 80's, and go in every couple of years for a shot. I also take glucosamine chondroitin, and shark cartilage. It helps ALOT!!! Plus excersize like Tinitman says. I injured the shoulder, and tinting just aggravates it

It rarely bothers me now

Thats why I haven't had surgery. No time for the recovery. If it was worse, or the cortizone didn't work as well, I'd have it in a heartbeat, but I'll probably wait 'till I retire now, if I get it at all. The cortizone shots work GREAT!!!

Both shoulders, both elbows, tendonitis and arthritis. I find the rubberbands help a lot. Never thought about the tinting being the cause, I've always blamed the hockey and the softball. My magic pill is Prednisone. I avoid it as there are side effects from steroidal Dr*gs. But if a have a tough commercial job to do, it gets me thru the week.

Archived