tint law in spain??

Guest coolrides

Guest coolrides

my mum is moving to spain at end of the year an I am going to do her windows for her before she goes, any one know what % your allowed over there?

my mum is moving to spain at end of the year an I am going to do her windows for her before she goes, any one know what % your allowed over there?

I think the Europeans don't allow any film on the front doors.

Check with the European Window Film Association.

There is one that is called something like that in existence over there.

Devil

Guest Dr.Window

In spain if I'm not wrong, its allowed like 5% on back windows and back glass, and maximum 50% on FW!

But you can check that with Solarcheck in spain, their own the market!

I think the Europeans don't allow any film on the front doors.

Check with the European Window Film Association.

There is one that is called something like that in existence over there.

Devil

European Window Film Association - fighter N1 for tinters rigts. Nothing allowed here and they are happy. Only picking Euros for...For what, may I ask them?

Nothing is allowed in EU on drivers glass. 70% VLT witha glass.

Guest elsoto

I asked my friend in Spain who is a great guy & distributor of window film and he told me the following:

==========

In Spain NO FILM is allowed in the front windows neither driver nor passenger.

In the rear window and rear passenger doors you can use ANY film with no limitation. Even limo tint. No problem.

However, only films which have been tested for approval in Spain will be acceptable. If your customer is definitely moving in Spain, moving to stay I mean, most likely at some point sooner rather than later will need to pass a complete technical inspection for the car (I think all imported car must pass one when arriving in the country).

The problem is that window film WILL NOT PASS such technical inspection if is not APPROVED in Spain, so the customer would have to remove the window film and install a new one here.

My advice would be to TINT the car HERE (Spain)

==========

When you get to Spain, have her contact DTI Spain in Barcelona and they can find a local tinter for her. They great people at DTI, you won't go wrong with them.

Guest Solscreen

You can tint her windows but not at the fronts, but you need a Homolagation certifacate which may be asked for when she takes her car for an MOT (ITV ), and stickers are supposed to be on the film as well. But hey are not realy realy stricked at the ITV place, depends whos does your car and how busy they are at the time.

If the cops stop your mum and shes got tint on the fronts they can fine her about 200/300 Euros I believe.

Archived