Tint Shop Fine???

Guest Purplefade

Guest Purplefade

Reflexxions, EVERYTHING this guy needs or wants to know is in the statute I gave him the link for. All he has to do is READ the damn thing. I can only surmise that he didn't just pay attention to what I suggested, He ONLY READ THOSE sections that I suggested. I guess reading the WHOLE thing would require effort! :thumb I give up

Ok enough with pickin on the new guy there KW I just asked a simple question and now im being treated like a dumb a$$ for asking I thought this was a comunity for us to help each other not bash each other because someone wants an answer for a question. and I really dont want to start anything since I have come across alot of good info on this site, but with that said I would love for you to find within that link you sent me where it tells you what the exact legal tint % is. again all the docs I have found say that as long as you can see into the vehicle your good to go. but thats just what ive found out and like I said I am new to all this so please teach me all mighty :thumb

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Key West

(ii) A sun screening device or material used in

conjunction with the automotive safety glazing materials

of the side windows located at the immediate right and

left of the driver that has a light reflectivity of no

more than 15% and a visible light transmittance level of

not less than 70%.

This means a NET of 70% film and glass on the driver and passenger window.

(iii) A sun screening device or material used in

conjunction with the automotive safety glazing materials

of the rear window or the side windows located behind the

driver that has a light reflectivity of no more than 15%

and a visible light transmittance level of not less than

35%.

I even deleted the line numbers so they wouldn't confuse you. Couldn't be clearer!!

THIS means a NET of 35% film and glass on the glass BEHIND the driver and passenger.

IF you will look just above this excerpt, You will find the specs for a windshield strip.

IF you read this, how could you have missed this part? :spit I aint treating you like you're stupid. Just lazy. You asked for the info, I gave it to ya. THEN, you wanted it spoonfed.

Do you own your own shop? If so, how can you NOT know the tint laws in your state BEFORE you open for business? :inot :thumb You are, after all, altering a customers car so that it may or may not make it illegal to operate. :thumb

You kinda caught the brunt. Seems lately that everyone wants the info, but nobody wants to do the research. Please research it for me! And then, if you would, READ it to me, show me where and what it says!! :inot :wall

Guest Key West
Ok enough with pickin on the new guy there KW I just asked a simple question and now im being treated like a dumb a$$ for asking I thought this was a comunity for us to help each other not bash each other because someone wants an answer for a question. and I really dont want to start anything since I have come across alot of good info on this site, but with that said I would love for you to find within that link you sent me where it tells you what the exact legal tint % is. again all the docs I have found say that as long as you can see into the vehicle your good to go. but thats just what ive found out and like I said I am new to all this so please teach me all mighty :thumb

Dude, we are here to help. You run into a problem, ask. Someone here knows how to help. BUT TRY and do it YOURSELF first!!! We can tell you how we would tint a car, but we can't and/or wont TINT it for you. You got a problem doing a car, ask, you'll get at least 50 different ways to do it. One of them will help you.

There are not (to my knowledge) any lawyers here. Come here and ask about tint laws, and you'll get screwed. Alot of guys here are pretty well versed in them. BUT there are alot of guys on here who don't know thier ass from a hole in the ground about the subject giving out advise as well. Who do you listen to? Are you gonna tell the judge that you thought it was legal because some dude on an internet forum said it was?

This is only common sense to go to the source for info like that. SHEESH!!!

You didn't even have to go to Google to answer your original question about it coming back on a shop. There is a search feature on this site, and to make it even easier for you, there is a WHOLE SECTION devoted to the subject. TD cannot possibly post the entire statute for every state here, nor can anyone else. Thats why the CHARTS exist as A RULE OF THUMB.

Would using these features have been too much effort? Too much to read through?

If you had a court case tomorrow, and needed the info today, I'd have been more than happy to do the research for you. It would have been an emergency. But it wasn't.

I realize that you are new. But obviously you know how to READ, and how to use a COMPUTER.

:thumb:wall:wall:wall:lol2:lol2 I'd be slangin' 05% and BANKIN'!!(OK, not 5%) Christ, you can operate with impunity. The ONLY reason I stay legal is that paying fines is not conducive to a positive cash flow, and I have an aversion to jail!! :lol2:lol2 DUDE I am jealous!!

You mean to tell me that you tell a custy whats legal, and if they opt not to go that way, you're in the clear? :inot Thats freakin' AWESOME!! You are my new HERO!! I like Canada already!!!

Thanks for that KW :spit

Well a Lot of tinters take advantage of the slack laws around here, however my view is different. For the record I've always kept it legal and I let others tint dark. I'd like to think I'd keep to my morals if business is dying, however since I never have a shortage of work I have no need to. I've always been in it for the long haul..seems to me when business start tinting as dark as the customer wants..they end up going of of business eventually :inot

I don't want to give the impression I'm the moral police...I just have a problem contributing to a driver 's blind spots when driving and potentially getting himself and more importantly ..others hurt :thumb

Guest Key West
Thanks for that KW :inot

Well a Lot of tinters take advantage of the slack laws around here, however my view is different. For the record I've always kept it legal and I let others tint dark. I'd like to think I'd keep to my morals if business is dying, however since I never have a shortage of work I have no need to. I've always been in it for the long haul..seems to me when business start tinting as dark as the customer wants..they end up going of of business eventually :lol2

I don't want to give the impression I'm the moral police...I just have a problem contributing to a driver 's blind spots when driving and potentially getting himself and more importantly ..others hurt :wall

You are blessed by the powers that be that you don't have slack periods. Imagine doing a car or two a week for a summer or two! or more!!! I am in it for the long haul too, but the reasons are different. They can shut me down! I've seen it happen. I REALLY stress the logic in staying legal. If they go elsewhere :lol2 What can ya do. But I feel that if what I am doing is in accordance with the law, and I explain all the ramifications to the custy, they can do what they want. If it's legal to sell it, then I'll do so. (OH crap, here come the dr*g comparisons!!!) But HEY, what ever is working for you, GOD BLESS!!! :spit :inot :thumb:thumb

You are blessed by the powers that be that you don't have slack periods. Imagine doing a car or two a week for a summer or two! or more!!!

Well, summer I'm booked good, but I budget the $$$ for the lean times. So overall life is good :thumb

Guest Purplefade
Do you own your own shop?

KW I do not have my own shop I would like to open one since there are only a few in my area. That is why I've been asking questions about the laws and other things. I have done several vehicles but only for friends that had no clue how to do it. Sorry for all the trouble after I sent my last I went back and did find it in the link you sent, So thank you.

I guess I get to put this :eyebrows on for the day :dunno

thanks again KW

Guest FilmBlazer

I'm not aware of any in Michigan, however, I am aware that the penalty for illegal film on an automobile is (2) points on the driver's license. The law was changed in 2003 to reflect the points against the license. I, of course, completely disagree with it. :eyebrows

Guest Key West
KW I do not have my own shop I would like to open one since there are only a few in my area. That is why I've been asking questions about the laws and other things. I have done several vehicles but only for friends that had no clue how to do it. Sorry for all the trouble after I sent my last I went back and did find it in the link you sent, So thank you.

I guess I get to put this :dunno on for the day :dunno

thanks again KW

It should fit pretty good. It's been worn by enough of us here! :eyebrows Welcome to the board!! :please:bdog

Guest warrantykiller04

Hi, Im new to this also and may open a business soon, where can I find the house bill statute law for indiana? I know what the percentage is, but you dont hear around here of a business getting shut down for illegal tint, damn, most of the cops cars are illegal tint, so would I get shut down if I tinted a customers vehicle past the illegal percentage or get a big fine?

Archived