Llumar Rep

so I love the new ATX line, but I had my rep stop in the shop on my last day there started to pitch me this story...Tell me what you think...

By 2008 all new cars will have tire pressure sensors in the them...(yah I know this already, so what MrsRep Lady)....Well as you know metalized film affect attenas that are mounted in the back glass....(duhhhh I know this too, whey else did I buy a roll or two of it...other than the higher price I get to charge for it *smile*)...then she starts to tell me how the metalize film will affect the tire sensors...

okay so in my head I think - first off there is more metal in the fender of you car that goes around the tire than there ever is in the film. SO that woudl affect it before the tint ever would...I dunno if she is just trying to pitch me some chit..but I just dont buy her story at all..

have u all heard this crap yet from a rep?

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

The metal film changes the tuning resonance and frequency of the anntenna in the window, therfore affecting the ability to recieve a good clean signal. Kinda like putting aluminum foil on a set of rabbit ears to get a clearer t.v. signal

I use llumar atr for over 8 yrs now. Never had a complaint about navigation or engine trouble light due to reception .I have had complaints of AM radio I was looking forward to the atx as an upsell but the price is rediculous. Its actually double the price of atr . I thought PlatPlus was crazy but ATX took it to a different level . It probably good for high end shop but my customers are corrolla people and it hard enough upselling 10 -$20 much less an extra $150 .

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

lucky for you, the corrolla cars don't have all that fancy electronic stuff, if they do and it does get effected, tell them they should'nt have bought a cheap ass car.hahahahaha j/k

Archived