Mustang

Guest MrTint

Guest banfam55
Does anyone have suggestions on how to make the dot matrix on the top of the back glass look any better other than just plan cutting it off?

Here a video of "hang drying dot matrix"

Ford mustang PREP below

Final step aplication ok finish click below

:mad:mad:mad:mad

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ChrisMiddleton

Ok im getting ready to repaint my Mustang and im removing all the glass and while im at it I figured ill sand my DOT Matrix off with like 1500 grit sandpaper and use glass polish to polish the scratches (Will this method work?) and then just flat black around the window..... My question is on the very rear window that has the defroster bars going accross it is there a way to remove those or are those moulded in the glass? I know the rear window is tempered so im hoping the bars arent heat melted into the tempered portion and then have glass over the top of both sides.

Thanks,

Chris

Ok im getting ready to repaint my Mustang and im removing all the glass and while im at it I figured ill sand my DOT Matrix off with like 1500 grit sandpaper and use glass polish to polish the scratches (Will this method work?) and then just flat black around the window..... My question is on the very rear window that has the defroster bars going accross it is there a way to remove those or are those moulded in the glass? I know the rear window is tempered so im hoping the bars arent heat melted into the tempered portion and then have glass over the top of both sides.

Thanks,

Chris

Just my opinion-but if you are gonna go to all that trouble...you should buy a glass without a defroster. :rollin

Guest blackout1
Does anyone have suggestions on how to make the dot matrix on the top of the back glass look any better other than just plan cutting it off?

1000 grit sand paper and rubbing alcohol. clean the back glass wet the dot matrix wit soap water, sand the dots up,down, and side to side. after u clean and lay the window put some of the alcohol in ur bottle with the soap and water, spray it on the matrix and let set for 3 min. lays flat down. :nope

Archived