Mustang

Guest MrTint

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

it is possible to peel it down at the top and the add the glue and re stick it back into place. but it is tricky and riskey and doesn't always work out,so good luck to you and the tinter both.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

get it back there asap and they might be able to save it. if you really want to make it easier for them go buy a tube of the blue elmers school gel and tell them spread this under the tint and squeegee it out. if you show them a new trick they might not have a problem redoing it. tell them this is how other pro's say to do it. just to let you know, the mustang dots even glued do not always turn out perfect, but it will look a lot better than the way it is now.

Guest H3OIndra

Thanks for the suggestions. I went and picked up the elmers school gel and took my car to the shop to have it looked at. They have never done the glue trick before but after I told him other tinters are using it they are going to re-do the tint and try it again on Monday. If that doesn't look good he suggested possibly cutting the tint just below dot matrix area as some of his other customers have done. It seems like that would look better than it does now but I wish I could see someone elses car cut like that before we go that route. Thanks again.

Guest oldmantint

havent you guys ever done "dry apply" on the matrix ? after preping, only spray solution below the matrix and dry apply the top portion last.....never fails :beer

Guest FilmBlazer
havent you guys ever done "dry apply" on the matrix ? after preping, only spray solution below the matrix and dry apply the top portion last.....never fails :dunno

Tintzeus just posted a TOTW a couple weeks back. I 'm going to try this tomorrow. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice.... Do's or don't to make this turn out tite. That matrix is NASTY

FB

Guest thatsnappyguy

blue glue in the bottle never fails. vinyl is just so cheap looking. the only car that I had problems with was the 2 doors accord. stay away from the sticks

Guest FilmBlazer

Just a light application or would you say apply fairly thick? I'll get some tomorrow. I was able to get it to lay much better after an hour or two of drying.

Guest thatsnappyguy

well when using the blue glue, squegee the entire window, matrix and all. get all as much water out as u can. now peel it back, and apply a small bead of glue , about an 1/8 inch thick, on the bottom line of the matrix. while the tint was peeled back, it should have allowed enough time to dry alot of the moisture away. now take a card, I perfer the side swiper, and push from the bottom of the glue line to the top of the glass. I use the side swiper cuz its doesnt leave as many lines as a smaller card will. make sure to catch the excess glue with a paper towel to is doesnt get all over the place. the glue is washable so dont get too made if it falls on something. remember, dont push hard. just put enough presure to force the glue through the dots.

Archived