Video of Beetle Rear Shrink

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:evilgrin

I Havent seen one on here. The global dude at sema is the one people are always talking about

I just got some pamphlet in the mail from them claiming this guy does on in three minutes-and oh bye the way I should be using their film. :dunno doesn't Global have a rep of being one of the more difficult films to shrink?

Guest losdawg
I just got some pamphlet in the mail from them claiming this guy does on in three minutes-and oh bye the way I should be using their film. :evilgrin doesn't Global have a rep of being one of the more difficult films to shrink?

It says "shrink a VW back window in three minutes?....No way!" And yes its hard to shrink.

Guest haroldshouseoftint
It says "shrink a VW back window in three minutes?....No way!" And yes its hard to shrink.

:evilgrin Go to SEMA, I have seen it done first hand :poop as have others from this board, @ SEMA it was shrunk in under 5 min.

Keep in mind, that is ALL this guy does, is shrink film on this bug back glass, if that is all we did :beer:beer we'd have it down under 5 min or even now 3 min :dunno:dunno

I can shrink a window that fast too but I won't install it :dunno I really don't care about how fast a film can be shrunk, I just want it to look good and hold up to the warranty...is that too much to ask :evilgrin

I have seen someone shrink a beetle with stretching the film beyond it's limit, it was fast but I don't think the film will last as long as it should :beer

Guest Litespeeds

I just got the Global mailer yesterday too and was a little surprised that someone can shrink a Beetle back glass in 3 minutes. From the look of things, he stretches the film and this could pose a problem in longevity as well as color consistency.

I bet if you look at the areas where he has to stretch the film, it will be lighter than the middle section of the film where it hasn't been stretched or heat shrunk. :evilgrin

I get maybe a couple of Beetles per year so that advertisement doesn't impress me much.

Archived