2 man install on a car ppf

Still thinking of getting into ppf but still concerned about the time since I only have 2 bays and we are pretty busy doing tint . Is it possible for 2 people to do an install each doing a side . Tha same way two people do a tint on a car cutting the time in half. Would this work for ppf in cutting down the time on the install? taking a 1 day course from solarguard next week.

Two people working on the same thing is not a good idea. If you split it, say you do the hood while someone is doing the mirrors it's ok but to work on a bumper at each side isn't going to work, which also depends on if you'll be using patterns or bulk. You have to stretch the film and have it match to the areas and if you have work the film from one side to the other, two people can't do it. In my experience one person does the ppf, it's not a job that can be split :evilgrin

I have a plotter but the few demos I have done the patterns have been off (computer cut ) . Is it better to do bulk if you can learn to cut properly or use the templates as far as speed and also quality ? I plan on only doing dealer cars mostly doing getting them to keep overnight .

I prefer the kits, it's faster and less waste. I use bulk for custom upsales but it takes longer and it's not worth the extra time to me. Computer cuts patterns are pretty good, but if there is any problem with a kit you need to tell then so they can fix it and get you a credit for wasted material.

The quality depends on the installer, with kits you have to line everything up and cut what doesn't match, with bulk you have to cut everything and it's not that easy when there is water behind the film and it covers as much as you want, just takes more time.

Guest VOLTRON

you can split it but when doing a bumper you have to get the piece in place and then stick it from the middle to the sides. You cant start at one end and then go to the other you need to go middle out

you can split it but when doing a bumper you have to get the piece in place and then stick it from the middle to the sides. You cant start at one end and then go to the other you need to go middle out

Yeah but it's not worth it, would you hang around just to do half a bumper? Maybe for a complicated bumper but most cars will not need two people :thumb

Archived